Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airsoft Stores in Austin?

Default Airsoft Stores in Austin?

Does anyone know where I can find a good airsoft dealer in Austin. Just not to comfortable with the whole, buy over the internet thing yet. Either that, or any good, trustworthy site that sell AEG's pretty cheap?

If you'd use the search functions of the forums, you can find that answer very easily, as it has been covered multiple times already.
    "Its not about how many people I have killed. . . its about how I get along with the people that are still alive."
    "Empires long united, must divide. Long divided, must unite."

Guretsu Soku Zan - Swift Death to Stupidity

I just started carring Airsoft Guns, Gear, and part out of my store. I own the North Austin Play N Trade.

I need Help from the local Airsoft Community here in Austin. Currently I am staying away from the "Walmart" airsoft guns and only dealing in the mid to high in range. I would really like the imput from the local community to help me build a really cool store. Let me know what you guys want to be able to grab for everyday items.

I am also looking for places to play. Right now I only know about txpaintball.

Info about my store is here:
    http://www.facebook.com/natxpnt

Wolv
    Whiskey Company
    ---------------------
    -At the end of the day, we’re just all playing with toy guns.
    -In airsoft, nobody's wrong.
    -…the stupid hit me so hard … I blacked out for a second.
    ---------------------
    You receive what you give. 'Disconnected', In Flames

Quote Originally Posted by greywolf3138 View Post
    Does anyone know where I can find a good airsoft dealer in Austin. Just not to comfortable with the whole, buy over the internet thing yet. Either that, or any good, trustworthy site that sell AEG's pretty cheap?
    Hi there,
    There isn't a dedecated airsoft store here in Austin. There is the big box stores that carry the low-end stuff but if you want nicer guns and accessories check out HobbyTown on Parmer and MoPac. The airsoft community here in Austin doesn't really support any one store which is a shame for new airsofters. Also welcome to LSA and hope you're didn't discourage in playing or participation on the forum.
    I mean what is a forum for to get information and participation in discussions.

I actuall hope your wrong about Austin not supporting Airsoft stores. I just dumped a whole lot of money into Airsoft Guns and gear for my store.

Has there been a few attempts in the past? I could not find any before I started this outside an RV dealer.

This thread is over 5 years old, information contained above your other post may be invalid sparky.

As for other dealers the owner at the old kill house sold some gear to support players (but that closed around 2 years ago). Most fields will sell BBs, but as for other specifically air-soft stuff (not just tactical gear or whatever) Fry's and Hobby Town are the only ones I can think of in the area (that carry quality stuff[other than you]).

Personally I try and attend TXPB every TASO weekend, except when other ops or real life gets in the way, which is enough trigger time for me.

Nothing dedicated, but some stores had airsoft as side items. Airsoft was also smaller whereas it is more widespread these days, plus there are casual customers that aren't really part of the airsoft community here that didn't exist in years past, i.e. back to the point of airsoft being a touch more mainstream than years past.
    Wolv
    Whiskey Company
    ---------------------
    -At the end of the day, we’re just all playing with toy guns.
    -In airsoft, nobody's wrong.
    -…the stupid hit me so hard … I blacked out for a second.
    ---------------------
    You receive what you give. 'Disconnected', In Flames

I am really trying to get out to TXPB. Due to the Screwed up schedule I keep is it ok to show up later in the day or is 9am when I have to be there. I usually have to take our mobile units out till about 2am every saturday night and I really want to get out with my new gun. I just dont want to get out to TXPB and the airsoft is over.

The game is normally on by 10 AM, but people come back every hour or so to reload and other stuff so If you aren't there when it starts you certainly are not out for the day. If you get there when the game is already on I would say wait around till people get back so you can be chrono and safety briefed before you step on the field. But if you get there after around 2 PM I would say don't bother as the group will likely be winding down.