PDA

View Full Version : ICS MP5-A5? Should I buy?

SPLAT
11-24-2003, 04:11 PM
http://www.airsplat.com/P_141.htm
OK guys, I'm looking for a very quick way to get into airsoft. Can anyone find reviews, or someone that owns one give me some tips on whether or not this gun is worth buying for the price. I'm looking mainly at shooting it outdoor environment (ex- Texas Paintball). Does this gun have what it takes to shoot accurately enough at distance to compete with m4's and the such? Any input would be nice, and would most certainly influence my decision! Thank you for consideration (Only 3rd time saying this wolv, not 10 yet!).

Tad
11-24-2003, 05:49 PM
I would go with the Airsoft Elite version if I were you. I currently own one and I have no problems with it except for when I tried to upgrade it myself. They also come with a 90 day warranty. The AE version is a nice gun for the money coming with an all metal body and all metal internals and a m100 spring. Don't let that sight full you they are only shooting at 330 FPS and that comes from personal experience and also for there distributor. If you are comparing the stock MP-5 to the Stock TM M4 the Mp5 will out perform it in accuracy at long range and that is only due to the FPS difference (Stock M-4 around 285FPS). After Upgrading both guns to the same FPS the m4 will have better accuracy due to the longer inner barrel. Now you can add a silencer and a longer tight bore barrel to the mp-5 and have the same range and accuracy. Another thing you have to take into consideration is the 200 round mp-5 mags and the 300 to 450 round m4 mags. Well I hope that helps now remember the above are my opinions and are as accurate as I can be.

Ghost
11-27-2003, 11:36 AM
Awesome deal here:

http://www.airsplat.com/P_223.htm?rand=0.9219019

It's the Full Metal Airsoft Elite/ICS MP5 SD5 Ver. 3.5, Completely upgraded, FREE shipping, 1 hi-cap, Sanyo 8.4V 1800 mah, FREE 3-point sling, 360 fps!!!!

I will probaly be getting this gun. What do you guys think? Thanks! :)

Tad
11-27-2003, 10:57 PM
You need to read that site carefully.

It says "Completely Reinforced & Upgraded internal parts: Reinforced Gears, Reinforced Gearbox Version 2, Aluminum Piston, 4 Hole Vented Cylinder, Improved Tappet Plate, Dutch Oil Bushings, Reinforced Bearing Spring Guide, Upgraded Spring (400 fps). "
As you see it says it has a 400FPS upgraded spring but doesnít the info on the gun state it shoots 360FPS.

Then it says "Completely Upgraded! Nothing more to upgrade other than spring! Ready for an Upgraded Spring" Again it is telling you that the gun is completely upgraded but anyone who knows airsoft knows that a spring is a big part of the upgrade and that is what is going to make the gun shoot 400 FPS.

I can tell you that the stock gun from AIRSOFT ELITE comes at 320FPS. If it is upgraded it voids the 90 day warranty. Iím not saying donít get that gun Iím just saying you need to know what you are getting so I would ask for a clarification on what the gun actually has.

Ghost donít forget to count in that the battery will cost you another 40 dollars added to the price.

SPLAT
11-27-2003, 10:58 PM
WOW!!! That seems like an awesome deal!!! Am I right?

Ghost
11-28-2003, 06:16 AM
Tacticaltoys, I know it doesn't have an upgraded spring and I will upgrade that part after I get the gun and test it out. Other than that, I think airsplat has some of the best deals I've seen. Anyone order from them before?? What's their customer service like?

SnipeDefender
11-28-2003, 12:00 PM
I had a friend order a pistol from there. It was that Ruger MK1 pistol. They sent him the MK1 Carbine instead. Once he got a hold of them, i believe they worked with him on the problem fairly nicely, and he ended up keeping the carbine and getting the pistol, for like 50 bucks less than normal. So, it was a good deal for him!