PDA

View Full Version : Aug Mid-cap Repair

Grimace
01-01-2009, 08:07 PM
So I recently bought a box of 5 Mid cap magazines made by King Arms. I was really impressed by them at first. Then one day they all stopped working for some reason. I'm pretty sure I over compressed the springs by putting in too much ammo. (slap on hand)

So I did manage to repair them after some suggestions by friends and a little creativity. If any of you are do the same thing here's a decent way to fix over compressed springs without having to replace the springs.

===In the bottom of the magazine is a turn tab that releases the spring for servicing. Remove it and lubricate. I use an oil called "Tri-Flow". It can be bought at Grainger, for those of you who don't have an account with them I'd suggest 3in1 oil.

===Spray lubricant in the clip and clean out; insert the spring back in the clip.
Now here's where it get a little "ghetto" if you will.
Insert a folded cardboard shim after the spring. The piece should only be about 4" long and fit in snugly. DO NOT FORCE IT IN. It'll be a pain in the arse to remove.
===Put the twist cap back on and test your magazine.
This procedure should work as it did for me. the only down side is that compressing the spring will result in a ammo capacity drop from 110 to 75.