PDA

View Full Version : What have you done?!

1nt3rl0p3r
11-13-2003, 04:40 PM
I was trying to open up my ak-beta the other night, and couldn't get some of the screws out. I gave my gun to obsidian a few months ago to be upgraded to 400 fps, he is the last person who took apart my gun. All I could do to open it was take it apart as far as the screws on the bottom of the reciever. I could only unscrew 3 of the 4 screws on the bottom of the reciever, as for the last screw all I managed to do was wear out the phillips thread. So I'll be nice about this, but I expect some good help.

mcoupe11
11-13-2003, 05:06 PM
Sounds like you should PM Obsidian. I am going to suggest that you do so politely; I don't think the accusatory tone you've thus far taken is going to net you particularly positive results.

Rayzor
11-13-2003, 05:09 PM
He probably used an electric screwdriver to get them in there nice and tight. Try using one to get them out.

skitelluride531
11-13-2003, 07:18 PM
nevermind, I misread the post, so my explanation made no sense. Delete this post...

BeRad
11-13-2003, 07:31 PM
sounds like either he used some locktight, or you posibly are using the wrong phillips screwdriver on it.

Obsidian
11-13-2003, 10:22 PM
I used a normal screwdriver. No loctite...no super ninja metal press......Never had someone complain because their gun didnt fall apart :confused:

I would say Berad is correct in that you used a screwdriver that was too small for the screw.

Obsidian
11-13-2003, 10:26 PM
BTW.....Thanks for throwing this out in public instead of bringing it up in private. You payed me to upgrade your gun and I have no doubt that that gun has not failed to function after I worked on it. I have never had a complaint from the work that I have done. I have always been more than happy to look at peoples guns when they have problems. Perhaps if you would have told me about the problem prior to taking upon yourself to get it out no matter what, I could have helped.

AustinWolv
11-14-2003, 07:43 AM
as for the last screw all I managed to do was wear out the phillips thread That means you used the wrong size screwdriver. The head is a Phillips head, not the threads. You cannot blame your own mistake on Obsidian. Moreover, why were you taking apart the gun in the first place? If you can't even unscrew screws correctly, I highly doubt you could perform any other repair work adequately.

I think an apology to Obsidian is in order, and then perhaps he'll take a look at your AEG.

Cecil
11-14-2003, 08:05 AM
This post looks like a pack of dogs chasing a three legged cat! Heh, heh...:D

Dragon
11-14-2003, 10:26 AM
Now where did I leave that flamethrower?

oh yeah, here it is.

Man, I can NOT f'in believe you would tag YOUR problem to someone else.

Who the F cares if Obsidian worked on your weapon last?

What the F does that matter if YOU are trying to take YOUR weapon apart? AND doing it "months" later!!!!

I have had Obsidian do a lot of tinkering with ALL my AEGs and I have yet to see a problem that HE caused.

I will ALWAYS let Obsidian work on my weapons.

HammerHead
11-14-2003, 10:51 AM
I'd just like to throw in some support for Obs here. I requested his services in September and for a more than reasonable fee he upgraded my AEG to 400FPS in less than a week and returned it to me far better condition than when I left it with him. I've encountered no difficulties with it as a result of his service.

I also believe it is possible, Interloper, that you have attempted to use inadequate or improper tools. Despite the fact that most screws appear to be very similar in size and shape, they often are not. I've found that to properly disassemble my G3/SG1 requires no less than four different standard-head screwdrivers to prevent damage to the screws and to provide enough torque to properly tighten them during reassembly. In addition, I use a combination of smaller, precision screwdrivers as well.

To put it very simply, one should keep in mind that a hammer is meant to drive nails while a screwdriver is meant to turn screws. However, using the wrong appliance on the appropriate fastener will still yield unsatisfactory results. Attempting to drive a ten-penny nail with a tack-hammer shall prove just a futile as attempting to remove a phillips-head screw with a driver that is either too large, too shallow or too broad.

Please reconsider your approach to this matter.

MetalBMX52
11-14-2003, 11:11 PM
the real question is directed at you, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?!?!? When you got the gun it was working fine and you just had to take it apart. I think you remember last what happend when you took something apart... The post may still be on here. Anyways the job was done by Agro and he did a superb job. one lesson to you is DO NOT TAKE THINGS APART THAT WORK FINE!!! Plus your ruining my little baby boy.

mcoupe11
11-15-2003, 07:31 AM
All further pertinent discussions can take place over PMs.