PDA

View Full Version : R/C airsoft helicopter?

AustinWolv
10-14-2008, 09:50 AM
Check it out here (http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=154129&hl=).

sonjamichelle
10-14-2008, 11:43 AM
Does this mean we'll start hearing calls for air support on the radio? :D

patmann90
10-14-2008, 05:06 PM
Ha ha, that is awesome. I will just use that radio controlled helicopter and a ghillie suit :)

Soria
10-14-2008, 06:06 PM
I have one of those Helos...the only difference is mine lacks the ability to shoot BBs. Same model...im 100% sure. It is horrible. The smallest amount of wind blows it around like a dead leaf. It is very stable but has glitchy controls.....

jeremywills
10-15-2008, 12:17 AM
Semi related topic...

DIY drones for simulated UAV recon :D

http://diydrones.com/

Maybe a renewed reason to get a Pipers minigun, have a 3/4 size kit built ultralight modeled after an A10 to mount one in front, now theres something I'd run from ;)

Neat ideas for airsoft air superiority but probably a waste of money in the long haul YMMV as usual.

AustinWolv
10-15-2008, 12:16 PM
Speaking of, and overlooking some potential safety things, a co-worker sent this my way:
http://www.vimeo.com/1889873

The pilot is pretty good.

We did hit it a few times ;) But he was smart and had armor plated the electronics so the only time it was shot down was when one of us hit the prop directly and shattered it. Of course he had brought several props.

CALI
10-15-2008, 02:09 PM
Off topic...I use to fly RC with this guy (owner of Superfly) in Georgetown. This is when he just started his business designing and selling Superflies. Small world...

Texas223
10-15-2008, 02:14 PM
I have a big woods near my house, and i use a PDA and a rc chopper with a video link and a camera on a live stream. it makes the game go faster when you got a spotter in the sky, also its nice at night when you have a nights vid camera.
use somthing like this cam on your chopper if you want a spotter... (you can get them a lot cheaper!)
http://www.dynaspy.com/product_info.php?products_id=28&gclid=CMfZpt3qqZYCFQ8QagodHwIOyg

AustinWolv
10-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Off topic...I use to fly RC with this guy (owner of Superfly) in Georgetown. This is when he just started his business designing and selling Superflies. Small world...
Speaking of, he also sells LiPo packs and chargers if anyone is interested in some locally.

it makes the game go faster when you got a spotter in the sky, also its nice at night when you have a nights vid camera.
Perhaps, as it depends on the communication capability of the person to pass the information on efficiently and accurately to those in the field, not to mention that engagement distances are so close already.
What do you mean it makes the game go faster?

Besides, to counter that, a bit of radio frequency jamming might accidentally occur, resulting in a pile of R/C vehicle being picked out of the ground.

;)

jeremywills
10-15-2008, 04:22 PM
If someone was willing to supply and possibly sacrifice an R/C aerial vehicle for the cause, lets try it some time. Why not. Even though its probably not practical theres the fun factor of giving it a whirl. You can't be sneaky with the ideal though, most R/C aircraft I've been around is pretty noisy and you definately can't use altitude to your tactical advantage like the real thing :D

Unfortunately I already have a hobby that isn't cheap, can't go and start getting into R/C again, been there and done that once. I was the one picking up a pile of what kinda still resembled an Airplane :D I just had to use it even though the wind was pretty strong that day. I had waited all week for my day off and it lasted on its maiden flight all but a few moments. Lessons learned the hard way.

Agrovale
10-15-2008, 06:24 PM
Heh, it sure as hell looks like someone is holding the tail of the helicopter while it's shooting at the target.

Chief
10-15-2008, 07:30 PM
Alright AW, there we have it. Looks like you're going to have to stick it to the man and go ahead and buy one. Haha only kidding bro.Very cool toy, but it's hard to say how useful it would actually be. Making rules to accommodate people using helicopters would be a daunting task of field test and lots of broken helicopters. I can also just imagine someone popping around a corner and either lighting it up, or smacking it out of the way :gun:. Either way I can't wait to see one out at the field!