PDA

View Full Version : Mercenaries 2

Chief
08-30-2008, 06:16 PM
Wasn't sure how many of you guy's play 360/PS3 but this game is suposed to have reached a new milestone in 3rd person shooter's so give it a look;

http://www.break.com/mercenaries2/mercenaries-2-in-stores-now.html

P.S. the charecter in the trailer looks suspiciously like hebrewhammer

Nubbles
08-30-2008, 07:25 PM
That song is....
weird... to say the least...

Chief
08-30-2008, 08:52 PM
Haha thats one of the best parts of the clip

Nubbles
08-30-2008, 09:18 PM
I know!
I'm memorizing all the lyrics as we speek! :P

patmann90
08-30-2008, 11:09 PM
The ak's charging handle is on the wrong side of the gun, but other than that, the game looks cool, and love the song :P he he.

Bear
08-30-2008, 11:44 PM
The ak's charging handle is on the wrong side of the gun, but other than that, the game looks cool, and love the song :P he he.
Not if it has this installed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CShqxfgsCxE

jeremywills
08-30-2008, 11:56 PM
That lightning bolt actually looks quite useful.

=Scorch=
08-31-2008, 12:31 PM
Im just glad this game is for PC now unlike the 1st one which i really loved!

patmann90
08-31-2008, 07:07 PM
Not if it has this installed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CShqxfgsCxE

No I actually talked to the designers and they said it wasn't the lightning bolt.

I'm thinking about getting one of those lightning bolt's for my ak, where can I get one?

Chief
08-31-2008, 11:32 PM
My friend just purchased the game today, and we gave it a pretty good test. I would compare this game to GTA4 and Oblivion Elder Scrolls, so anyone who was fans of either of those games would probably enjoy this one. Imagine the absolutey HUGE game world from oblivion and gta mixed with third person shooter. Lots of killing to be done, TONS of side missions (like oblivion), you can work for any faction you want. Near complete freedom, you can do two missions for one faction; then do a mission for the rival faction; you can go anywhere you want on the map. Fairly complex inventory system very similiar to oblivion. My guess is it word take at least.........2 months of constant play in order to beat every side mission for every faction and complete campaign aswell. My biggest complaint is there is no leveling system or skill system, and this is why I compare it to gta. Here is a list of some pro's and con's:

Pros:
Huge game world
interesting game play
VERY destructable envoirnment

Cons:
all the assault riffles I have used so far have incredibly bad accuracy, that squating, zooming, or sighting cannont increase( the pistol I used was more accurate).
You have to REALLY suck in order to die, making it less challenging ( I jumped out of a helicopter at 702m (the height cap) fell all the way to what I thought would be my death, only to survive with 2hp. If you crash a motorcycle going very fast, you'll flip over the top like gta but you'll survive with full HP you just rag doll for about 3-5seconds)

Besides from the Cons I would recommend this game to anyone that wants a game that is VERY playable, if you think you could beat this game quickly then you are very wrong :p

If anyone else gets a chance to try it out, let me know what you think or fill me in on anything you figured out. If you have any questions about the game just let me know!

Bear
09-01-2008, 01:21 AM
No I actually talked to the designers and they said it wasn't the lightning bolt.
I'm thinking about getting one of those lightning bolt's for my ak, where can I get one?
www.tacticalresponsegear.com

patmann90
09-01-2008, 09:37 AM
Ok thanks Bear.

Soria
09-02-2008, 01:43 PM
When I first saw the commercial on tv a week or so ago I can't get that song outta my head. I love it.

RedRaptor
09-04-2008, 02:36 PM
The Mercs 2 website has the full song for download.

whiterabbit05
09-21-2008, 10:47 PM
Now I have something to listen to at skirmishes.

=Scorch=
11-02-2008, 01:18 PM
Since Mercs 2 is out I've been debating if i want to get it or not. It disapointed me that Mercs 1 wasn't for PC because I find the open ended sandbox mode an awsome stress relief. Kinda like GTA but I dont like the "acting like a criminal" and killing inocent people in brutal ways. Is Mercs 2 as good as Mercs 1? With that type of gameplay?

Chief
11-02-2008, 01:23 PM
I never played Mercs 1, but on the first page towards the bottom theres a review I left of the gameplay. Or are you asking a more specific question? I'm more than willing to answer any questions about the game.

=Scorch=
11-02-2008, 01:32 PM
Ok I read it. So basicly you can just roam around doing basicly whatever you want along with doing the stroy? The reason I'm askign this is because I want to clarify because some of my friends said that its not as open ended and you do more of the story then free roaming.

Grimace
01-18-2009, 01:53 PM
No you can free roam, its pretty massive too. I suggest you do enough story to get you Heli, and plane pilot so you can get airdrops. The only down side is civilian casualties cost you money which both sucks and blows...never thought it possible really.

S.T.O.R.M.
02-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Ive played the original Mercenaries and i would have to say i think its better than Mercs2, mainly the playground of destruction feature. You play through the game again with all of the money and weapons you have gotten in your recent game. They didnt feature that in mercs2. and Nilsson was funnier in the first mercs. Plus after you beat the game without cheats its fun to use cheats like super money and god mode and stuff like that. And the superweapons box you could get had an AIRSTRIKE launcher, a minigun in the form of an mp5, and an artillery cannon in the form of a pistol. But the graphics in Mercs2 are alot better and the gameplay seems better, with new features and all. Plus the original mercs is for the original xbox.