PDA

View Full Version : Airsoft RPV

jeremywills
08-29-2008, 11:02 AM
I saw this thread on Military Photos dot net and thought I would share.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=140678&page=2

Interesting idea. I like when people are inventive and do stuff like that.

E6D
08-29-2008, 11:14 AM
Though not a new idea, it's certainly the first time I've seen it carried through to completion. I drafted up drawings for such a thing six years ago but never purchased the required materials to build it. Kudos to the creator.

AustinWolv
08-29-2008, 11:34 AM
Neat toy.

Now what to do with it in terms of actually being useful for airsoft?
More rules would need to be crafted to kill it in-game. I don't think the owner would want people shooting out the camera to blind it, and if it is made worth a damn, BBs aren't going to disable it.

jeremywills
08-29-2008, 11:24 PM
Killbucket is the guy that operates air-sharp.com

Thats the guy that has the .50cal kit and some other neat stuff. I think he built this just because he could. He himself said its not very practical.

I just thought it was neat and wanted to share. I agree, it would be kinda hard for a remote controlled device to call out hit. The only way I supposed it could be done is to wire up a 2 way radio to it, turn up its volume to the max and if the image on the operators screen went blank he could assume he was hit and call hit over the radio. Maybe have a secondary toy gun on it that shoots a red BANG flag out of its barrel for a dead rag. :D

AustinWolv
08-29-2008, 11:53 PM
Yeah, I know who he is. He tinkers quite a bit.