PDA

View Full Version : Fixing an Illuminated Scope

RedRaptor
08-01-2008, 07:03 PM
Anybody here have any experience with repairing illuminated scopes, or know of places where it can be done or shows how to do it?

Only reason I ask is because I just scored a King Arms Mk. 4 CQ/T 1-3x scope, which has both illuminated and non-illuminated modes, but the illumination doesn't work for whatever reason (the reticule is still there, though). For $50, it was still a hell of a deal, and I plan to test some new batteries when I get it just in case, but if I can restore the illumination to it, I'll have truly gotten a steal (eBaybanned wants $169 for the clone version, AEX sold the King Arms one for $139 when they had it in stock).

For reference, here's the scope I'm talking about: http://www.kingarms.com/productpage.asp?prodid=1233

hellspawn_sldr
08-02-2008, 01:46 PM
As far as I can tell, theres no reason for the illumination to malfunction. All I can say is try replacing the batteries or it might be something with wiring, or maybe something physical. Perhaps the tunning knobs, the previous owner broke it when he over torqed the knob.