PDA

View Full Version : UTG M324 post mod inaccuracy.

[ATX]-Panda
07-09-2008, 03:03 PM
I don't know if any of you guys here have one, or know enough about it, but I'm going to ask anyways.

I just completed the Teflon mod on it and in the process I lost one of the spring in the hop up assembly. I've looked all over the internet and have look at many pitcures and diagrams but I didn't find what the part the spring is used with is. It's shaped like an arch with a triangular slope on one side, which make me think it's the BB catch. I've looked a lot, and the location is right where the bb's feed in. I've been firing a bunch now, and .30's will load fine and shoot alright, but it's not as accurate as it was before the modification. I also tried .20's, and they will mostly missfeed now, and accuracy is not even part of the equation here.

So, what I'm trying to ask is, is that spring that holds whatever that part is really important, or am I just thinking too much about it?

ps. I just thought of this; Since the teflon mod, I'm now top can capable. Could that much power increase affect accuracy? As in, are my .30's now a little too light for my gun to be super accurate as it was before the mod?

shakman
07-09-2008, 04:12 PM
Could that much power increase affect accuracy? As in, are my .30's now a little too light for my gun to be super accurate as it was before the mod?

Absolutely! My converted TM M14 will only "accurately" shoot .36g BB's. Anything less than that I get very inconsistent results. You might be seeing the same sort of behavior.

Not owning one of these bolt-action replicas you're speaking of, I can't directly speak to the importance of your lost spring. However, it's been my experience that ALL parts of airsoft replicas are important in one shape or fashion. Considering this spring is from your hop assembly, I suspect it's fairly important to proper operation.