PDA

View Full Version : Little spring on the hopup arm

ichainsaw
06-28-2008, 03:42 PM
I just lost the little spring that sits adjacent to the hopup nub on the the hopup arm...is this a bad thing? Will I need to get it replaced immediately or does it make a difference at all? I remember hearing something about hopup springs being replaceable with springs in pens, is that true?

Thanks!

Edit: I found it, although I couldn't find any information about the spring or it's purpose on Google; this thread would probably hit the top search results and help somebody if someone enlightens us as to what it does/how important it is.

cclark1985
06-28-2008, 05:12 PM
Some more info on the type of hop-up or the gun it originated from is needed in order to properly deduce the use of the spring. Although, if the hop-up is from an M4, I have a sneaking suspicion that the spring's use is to assist in the resetting of the position of the arm when using the adjustment dial to disengage the hop-up.

ichainsaw
06-28-2008, 08:39 PM
Yep, it's an M4 with the Marui type hop-up. Thanks for that, I couldn't find what it was for anywhere...good thing I found it, I always seem to loose it. It just pops right off without me even touching it :).

cclark1985
06-29-2008, 12:14 AM
You may consider putting a small dot of thread-lock on it to keep the spring in place if it consistently falls off.

ss190
06-29-2008, 12:22 AM
Dude!! I might have a spare spring! I have to find out what the size was but I have a few small springs from stuff like that.