PDA

View Full Version : Inner barrel comparison.....

AustinWolv
06-18-2008, 07:52 PM
....if you know German, this might be easier to read. ;)

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=146196

Madbull appears to have taken some liberty with the test results with their claim, but the thread covers the basics.

Mir
06-18-2008, 08:03 PM
Interesting data. But with all of the variables that go into a airsoft gun firing a BB, and the external variables, I don't think .003mm deviation in my barrel is going to really effect my airsoft playing.

jeremywills
06-18-2008, 09:39 PM
Interesting indeed since I have 2 Madbull V2 Pythons. Ever since I dropped them in I swore by it. It was a far cry better than the 2 factory barrels they came with.

I've only fed them either the Madbull branded bb's or Airsoft Elites which I've read at various sources is the OEM supplier for the Madbull ones and had very consistent results. Most interesting to see that some manufactuers claim tightbore and are probably not. I've always wondered about it. Since I had good luck with the first one I bought another one and saw results in that gun as well. If they truthfully are that much less than 6.03mm thats great. Although Mir is correct, we are talking about such a minute difference in some of these its a pointless debate. 6.03 or even less is better than 6.08 which Im sure most of the stock barrels are probably about.

Im glad the claimed author in that thread did chime in on his interpertation of his data and that it was simply a test of just if the companies made good on thier stated claims and not really a test of accuracy or anything else the rest of the readers were trying to make it out to be.

Mishkan
06-30-2008, 07:42 PM
I guess this was an extension of an old test a while back:
http://www.6millimeter.info/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=150&Itemid=42

Here's a quick translation, basically he's talking about his machine is the most exact method etc.
This is what you need to know:
Durchmesser Absolut = Absolute Diameter
Abweichung von Herstellerangabe = How far it is off from what the manufacturer says
Schwankungen vom Innendurchmesser = Fluctuation from inner diameter

Then again, I don't believe this test covers "breaking in" barrels etc.