PDA

View Full Version : Accuracy

=Scorch=
06-14-2008, 11:36 PM
Do we have to look like real modern soldiers with the real stuff? I have cammo sirts, pants and hats but I have a very useful vest that is not military but looks military. Can I use stuff like that or do I need a real modern helmet, real gear, exc because I'm already spending alot of money on an authentic WWII impression for the re-enactment group

p.s. The only authentic modern soldier thing I have is a desert field jacket from Iraq

hebrewhammer
06-14-2008, 11:44 PM
You can wear what ever you wan't. Some people just wear blue jeans and a t-shirt.

Bear
06-15-2008, 12:01 AM
Wear what works for you. Some of us use what works or what we want, others go for the full on impression thing. It's all up to you and how much you want to spend.

jeremywills
06-15-2008, 12:59 AM
Ditto. Wear what you want. Especially in the summer heat, wear summer friendly stuff.

Just think logically though. If you wear a bright canary yellow tshirt against a wooded background... yep. If you don't do camoflauge stick to earth tones at least. It will definately blend in better than any thing in the neon family of colors ;)

shadow1198
06-15-2008, 01:06 AM
You can wear whatever you'd like. :D Most people wear camo to varying degrees. A few people wear just jeans, camo shirts, or other stuff like that. Generally most airsofters tend to dislike the modern paintball/speedball electric colored sports jersey type stuff since the game is more milsim in nature. If that's what you like, that's all fine and dandy, but it does not blend in with the background at all so you will tend to find that you'd become a bb magnet wearing bright attire like that. ;) Some people go a little overboard on the milsim side though IMO. Seeing 16y/o's dressed up in full "proper" camo, with "Delta" skateboard helmets, matching elbow and knee pads, NOD mounts on their helmet, and sometimes fake NOD's (or real if they have some dough) tends to make me laugh as ultimately we are a bunch of people running around the forest shooting each other with bb guns. :D

A few words of advice. Find something you like, that is comfortable, and that offers you some protection. It may not seem like it at first but, the added protection offered by even just plain BDU's, as opposed to t-shirts, really goes a long ways. I've played plenty of times with t-shirts and still do when it gets hot, but you will tend to notice that you scratch your arms up more, which can get irritating. Even if the camo doesn't match, it doesn't matter as it will still protect you better than thinner stuff like t-shirts. Basically, use what's practical. Even if it may not be "authentic", if it gets the job done that's all that matters.

otang
06-15-2008, 01:41 PM
You can wear what you want for skirmishes, but for Ops or other kinds of organized events you have to wear only the type of camo that is allowed.