PDA

View Full Version : Aces High anyone?

Soria
05-21-2008, 10:30 PM
The game not the album.

Anyone other than me play AH2?

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in some one on one dogfights...

otang
05-22-2008, 08:39 AM
I had been playing with the demo for a while. Its very limited and have been wondering if the full version is just as limited, minus online players of course. Sometimes the demo is laggy when switching from hanger to settings, or to takeoff. Sometimes, the game just froze. Changing airfields was also not a smooth transition. Besides the obvious fun of dogfighting against other players, Soria do you see anything wrong with the game?

ichainsaw
05-22-2008, 04:46 PM
I'm always up for a little iron maiden :D.

Tiger D
05-22-2008, 09:23 PM
I haven't tried this simulator. Does anyone know if it flies like CFS2 or CFS3? Those are what I have. I've logged lots of hours and finally have gotten the hang of it. I went to thier site and saw the free download. Maybe I'll give it a try.

Soria
05-22-2008, 11:31 PM
I have no problems. It is an older game so its not going to be perfect. Are you playing the demo online or offline. You can get a free two week trial online. No card needed. To tell you the truth the transition form airfield to airfield isn't smooth. But then again it's not about that.......it's all about that half a second where you get that perfect lead....send a few rounds into thier wing and watch em spin into the earth.....:D. The lag really isn't an issue for me. I have a ping of 15 constantly and it has never froze on me. Maybe it is system settings or software you may of downloaded. That can affect it.
Tiger. It flies fairly realistic as I imagine CFS would. Tried Lockon: Modern Air Combat yet?
It's tough and has one hell of a learning curve. Once you get ahang of it, you'll be fine. Just don't give up if you get frustrated.

Tiger D
05-23-2008, 08:38 AM
I've had F14 and F16 simulators will the full array of radar screens, weapons selection, evasive maneuvers for the ground to air missiles, and flight controls. My hats off to the modern day pilot. Your mind keeps real busy having to keep track of everything going on in the cockpit. Good thing about modern air warfare is that you can do most everything in a standoff mode and it's lock on, fire and forget. It gives you more time to concentrate on situation awareness. That being said, there's nothing more exciting than an old fashioned dogfight.

shakman
05-23-2008, 10:11 AM
Thread moved to appropriate category.