PDA

View Full Version : Systema "Revolution" mechbox

AustinWolv
01-31-2008, 01:05 PM
Found on Arnies: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=134731&hl=

Looks like 4 axle holes versus the typical 3 today.

Vince
01-31-2008, 02:13 PM
I just e-mailed them to make an appointment to see it on Sunday.

I'll make sure to post on here about what I find out.

AustinWolv
02-03-2008, 08:15 AM
Posted on Arnies:

The Revolution is a hybrid of a Version II box with PTW advancements inside of it.
It does not use a tappet plate, instead it uses the same magnetic piston design that is incorporated into the PTW cylinder.
It's a 4 gear system, with a specially tuned motor to go with it. Thusly, no reason to have an anti-reversal latch with it.
The gearing system is the same gear system they are using in the Mp5 PTW series. It's a hybrid V2 gear system connected to an electronic control. Although the Revolution - as of right now - is not slotted to have 3 round burst in it. It however is possible if they release a module for it. (Very likely.) These are VERY early prototypes for that matter as well. Meaning, Wallace got it the day before he was leaving for shot show. Thusly, the day I got to toy with it.
They are running into a number of problems right now however - the selector lever is still funky, getting it exactly with the switches for that matter. Plus since it does not use a typical air nozzle - it only works with Tokyo Mauri Guns. Not, CA. (That will be fixed before release.)
It will come in 2 different versions. Just like the System motors. A high speed, and a high torque version. The gear box is built even beefier then the regular system drop in gear boxes. The version I saw was actually CnC'd - I don't know if the production models will be.
Wallace is only showing it in private. It is not a public display at shot show, due to the fact it is a VERY early prototype.

jeremywills
02-03-2008, 02:38 PM
It will be interesting to see what the final cost on the production models will run.

AustinWolv
02-14-2008, 12:47 AM
Courtesy of info on Arnies:

The SYSTEMA Revolution represents the pinnacle of AEG gearbox development while maintaining 100% Ver.2 compatiblity!
Guaranteed 100% backward-compatible with Tokyo Marui AEG bodies.
Direct drop-in replacement for many other AEGs that complies with the TM Version-2 Mecha Box Specification.
Advanced firing-control electronics and power-regulated MOSFET circuits.
New loading mechanism / nozzle design.
Hand-tuned high-output motor precisely matching the new gearbox's gear ratio.
Extremely tight manufacturing tolerance ensures superior performance, shots after shots.

Advanced Firing Control The SYSTEMA E.C.U. (Electronic Control Unit) is a direct decedent of the PTW's firing control unit, specifically tuned for the Revolution:
Factory pre-programmed electronic trigger system.
Optical sensor array constantly monitor gearbox operation, precisely applying power (and braking) to the motor so that the gearbox will always cycle completely at every trigger pull. This new function entirely eliminates the need for anti-reversal latch.
By reading/counting the optical sensor output, the Revolution is also capable of providing the world's most reliable 3-shot burst operation. No more fiddling with inconsistent "timer based" burst mechanism!
MOSFET regulated power delivery circuit, ensuring stable and consistent performance.

Performance and Reliability Innovation is only half the story. The SYSTEMA Revolution will not miss the mark in terms of performance and reliability:
Patent Pending nozzle design eliminates breakage-prone (and decade-old) tappet plates.
High-strength, all steel gear set ensures reliable operation year after year.
Full-length steel rack gear greatly extends piston life.
Top quality components used overall.
Factory-backed U.S. warranty when installed by a certified SYSTEMA Gunsmith.

Nubbles
02-14-2008, 06:52 AM
That sounds awsome!
No more half-cycling. Yay!

jeremywills
02-14-2008, 09:06 AM
The 3 shot burst is what I would mainly be most interested in. I tend to be a trigger whore at times and it would be nice to limit myself but I don't want to be just single shoooting it either.

Crown
02-14-2008, 10:32 AM
This will be interesting indeed. I'll be waiting to hear and see more.

cclark1985
02-14-2008, 05:59 PM
They certainly make it sound really cool. I wonder if the magnetic field in the new nozzle design wears out?

ichainsaw
02-15-2008, 08:24 PM
DO WANT! That sounds amazing. Any word on the final cost?

Mir
02-15-2008, 08:31 PM
DO WANT! That sounds amazing. Any word on the final cost?

It wont be cheap.

Vince
02-16-2008, 03:08 AM
I was told it would be more expensive than their Turbo/Magnum gearboxes. I am thinking it will be $300-$400.