PDA

View Full Version : ak battery

1nt3rl0p3r
10-10-2003, 07:41 PM
I recently ordered a stick battery from wgc. It is a 1700 mah 8.4 volt ak front set stick battery. When I got it I compared the battery with the space I had to fit it with. It didn't seem even reasonable to try and fit it in. I don't realy know how to get it in. It has 7 cells, which as far as I have seen is the same number as the 600 mah battery. please help.

Obsidian
10-11-2003, 10:27 AM
Number of cells determines Voltage. Size of cells determines Mah. You are trying to put it in the upper receiver? We can not read minds so a tad more information would help us out in determining the problem. If it is the normal stick battery you have to pull the receiver cover off. Remove a aluminum tube. Put the battery in and put the cover on.

1nt3rl0p3r
10-14-2003, 05:46 PM
the reciever is the metal cover that you take off to put the battery in. I took off the metal part, took out the aluminum tube, and the battery is just too long to fit in any way.

Falcon
10-14-2003, 06:14 PM
I think you have to buy the metal front receiver kit before it will fit in an AK. The stock AEG will only fit a 600 mAh stick battery.

Is the battery pack larger than the aluminum tube in diameter, or longer in length?

chrisvalla
10-14-2003, 07:22 PM
You're talking about using an AK-47S right?

I'm asking because My AK-47 uses a large 8.4-1700 battery in the stock. It doesn't even have any battery connections under that dust cover to even place a stick battery without some rewiring.

Falcon
10-14-2003, 10:36 PM
Chrisvalla, the <folding stock> AK-47S version stores the battery under the upper receiver piece. On the <solid stock> AK-47 version, the battery is stored in the stock. If you have a solid stock version and look under the upper receiver cover you would see an aluminum tube that takes up the space where the battery goes on the folding stock version.

Of course, all the assumptions so far is that the AEG in question is in fact an AK-47S- the folding stock varient of the AK. If that is not the case, 1nt3rl0p3r, you need to say so if you want to get to the bottom of this.

Obsidian
10-14-2003, 11:49 PM
Ahhh....I seem to recall something about this when I was lookign at building a draganov. Everyone said you needed to get the new receiver so that you could fit a decent sized battery in there. I would have to go digging again to confirm this. Check the forums at arnies.

Dragon
10-15-2003, 01:12 AM
Yes...

The metal body kit for the AK is designed to take longer stick mags.

AND

You have to re-route the power wires.

1nt3rl0p3r
10-15-2003, 05:25 PM
ok thank you guys, been a lot of help. I will get a metal reciever which I belive sells for about 50$. Thank you for your help.