PDA

View Full Version : Insurgency mod for Half Life 2

shadow1198
09-15-2007, 07:30 PM
Just thought I would post this up and see if anyone here is already playing it? Here's a link to their website:
Insurgency (http://www.insmod.net/)
It's a lot of fun, there is a large variety of weaponry, and there are almost always some people employing tactics to really add to the realism(proper placement of LMG's and snipers to cover those moving up for example). Anyways, it's worth checking out.

shadow1198
11-22-2007, 02:12 PM
I just thought I should update this. At the link in my original post you can find a link for the new beta 2 of this mod that just came out yesterday. For anyone with half life 2, I highly recommend checking it out. It's a lot of fun, and in my opinion is a bit more realistic than COD4. Just like any other multiplayer game like this, there are always the Counterstrike types that turn things into a frag fest, however the excellent thing I've noticed about this mod is a large number of people really work towards trying to use tactics and overall play a bit more "tactical" in nature. It's a refreshing change from the frag fest stuff in my opinion.

necroticism
11-22-2007, 02:55 PM
I play frequently. It's a blast.