PDA

View Full Version : Can I wear this to a game?

FallenOne
08-08-2007, 12:12 PM
Ok, I got this airsoft mesh mask, but I found out that it really sucked. I replaces the stock mesh with some high strength steel mesh from my old fencing mask that can take up to 1200 PSI. Just to make sure it works, I shot it at point blank with my MP001 and there wasn't even a dent on it. I wear my glasses under it so any bb fragments that might get though dont get into my eyes, so my question is, can I wear this to your events?
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e140/Teufel_Hunden_SCAR/Gun%20mods%20and%20goodies/Camo%20Stuff/IMG_2502.jpg

Dark Paladin
08-08-2007, 12:38 PM
For weekly skimirshes, check the fields. Fields like TXPB require ANSI full sealing goggles for insurance liability reasons.

For regional/national ops, check with the op coordinator.

Hoenstly, I wouldn't entrust the safety of my eyes to wire mesh goggles. But that's just me.

FallenOne
08-08-2007, 02:16 PM
hmmmmmmmm.... I hope I can convince the field to let me wear this. Maybe I'll just sign an extra waiver or something saying that I know the risks and the people have absolutely no liabilities for my eyes :P

AustinWolv
08-08-2007, 05:23 PM
No, do not wear it. Period. It denting is not the problem. The BBs fragmenting and going through the mesh is the concern.

http://www.ampair.net/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.102

shakman
08-09-2007, 09:33 AM
Remember, this is a bigger issue than just insurance liability. We're talking about your safety, specifically your eyes remaining intact during a game. If you believe your eyesight is expendable and not necessary, then by all means, wear that mask. If you'd rather remain among "those with sight" then take the advice given and get yourself a set of full-seal goggles at any local surplus store for $10 or less and play safely.

Cookerman
08-09-2007, 09:45 AM
Yes....I know fogging is a problem, but so is being blind.......check out the Army Navy Store on Lamar...he has a box of great goggles back from the desert. I picked up some Oaklys there for 10 bucks. I've spotted ESS goggles there as well.

patmann90
08-09-2007, 06:47 PM
Nice find Wolv and Cookerman. Wolv found why you don't wear those wire mask and Cooker found a nice price at The Army Navy Store on goggles. If you want I have a free paintball mask you can have just PM me.

FallenOne
08-10-2007, 08:10 PM
ok , I'll get some ANSI Z87.1 compliant goggles or better. Thanks yall!