PDA

View Full Version : MMORPG haven for terrorists?!?!?

Dark Paladin
08-01-2007, 07:03 PM
http://theinquirer.net/?article=41361

Oh noes!!! We're doomed!!! We could be labeled as unknowingly supporting terrorists! They'll have specially prepared rooms at Guantanamo for us! In fact, they could be planning to crash a Caldari Titan into the Pentagon RIGHT NOW! Or a YT-1300 frieghter into Los Angeles!

Dirus
08-02-2007, 01:29 AM
"terrorists can gain training in games such as World of Warcraft in a simulated environment, using weapons that are identical to real-world armaments."

........HAHAHA...... Wow.... WoW....

GUNSnGUITARS
08-02-2007, 08:43 AM
D&D players should be labeled too. Never know when a guy in full steel armor could walk in and battle hammer his way through the pentagon.

IMIRanger
08-04-2007, 10:14 AM
"So we can expect more terrorist attacks involving broadswords and Heathrow airport to be closed due to suicide dragons." We better get out or family sword and shield! Good luck and good hunting!

uacmarine
08-04-2007, 02:14 PM
Wow. Just when I thought the world couldn't get any more retarded...

otang
08-05-2007, 01:32 PM
9/11 terrorists used Flight Simulator software to train. Does it sound absurd to think terrorists may use other forms of simulated software to train? Yes .....errr maybe. Does virtual simulation work? Yes. Terrorists can bank on the fact some methods to ultimate means sound too ridiculous to be considered therefore makes it easier for them to get away with it. This inevitably sucks because it encrouches on civilian's entertainment which now may become scrutinized by big brother. Blame the terrorists.

Dark Paladin
08-05-2007, 02:43 PM
Actually, I blame the apathy of the general population and their willingness to handing off eternal vigilance, which is the price of freedom, into the hands of a government (which I voted against) that is more than happy to exploit said population's trust.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. By giving the government so much power these past few years, do you really think they're eager to wipe out the terrorists and relinquish said powers when the threat is over?

On the other hand, World of Warcraft relies on mouse clicking to cast spells and utilize swords and shields. Whereas a flight simulator uses a joystick to simulate the actual flight con on a plane. I would pay to see terrorists simulating mouse clicks with their fingers in trying to cast Fireballs of Doom against the White House.

otang
08-05-2007, 04:45 PM
Haha true. Can these games use customized maps made to look like real world structures? Fantasy genre games may not be best suited for training but other games could.

uacmarine
08-06-2007, 02:19 AM
Look no further than America's Army, etc. If a terrorist wanted to see some of the US Army strategies for engagement, why look no further than a game sponsored by the Army?