PDA

View Full Version : CA15a4 Upgrade plan

Daigoro
06-25-2007, 05:07 PM
I mentioned this in my reintroduction thread, but I thought this would be a more appropriate section to post it in.
I plan on getting a new Classic Army M16 rifle replica once I sell my MP5 and junk. I'll be ordering upgrade parts along with the AEG, so here's my plan so far - feel free to give suggestions.

CA15a4 replica, going for more range/accuracy
- Guarder 70% hop up bucking
- Mad bull 6.03mm tightbore barrel
- Maybe upgrade piston/piston head

So what else would I need in order to get optimum range and accuracy? Do those "bore-up" parts differ from the normal upgrade parts? I was looking at the bore-up air nozzle and piston head and thought those might help.

shakman
06-25-2007, 06:53 PM
Your best bet would be to upgrade the spring to a Systema M120 or equivalent. I would also suggest upgrading the piston and piston head if you go with the stiffer spring.

Doing a forum search here can be of assistance to your questions also. Give it a try.

AustinWolv
06-25-2007, 07:44 PM
You don't need a bore-up set. Standard parts will be fine for what you are doing.

Daigoro
06-25-2007, 08:06 PM
Ok, I see we got a little built-in Google thing, because the forum's search thing was ignoring "up". So basically bore-ups just increase cylinder volume and air output...?
I guess for the piston, I'll get one with more metal teeth. I'm still not sure what kind of piston head I should get, though. My friend just suggested upgrading the piston head, so I'm still looking around.

GUNSnGUITARS
06-26-2007, 12:16 PM
If you're planning on getting internal work done, i advise to get your buckings upgraded as well. Cheap upgrade, can save you some heartache down the road.

I upgraded mine on my G3 SAS a few months ago, and with a new spring it has improved the range on my G3.

Daigoro
06-26-2007, 01:06 PM
Yeah, I have the Guarder 70% bucking listed in my plan. As for the piston and piston head, I'm planning on getting the G&P polyacetal piston and Matrix (Evike's brand) aluminum piston head, might decide for a Systema one though.

AustinWolv
06-26-2007, 08:16 PM
G&P parts I've seen in the past are junk, and I'd rather have G&P stuff than support Evike/Matrix junk.

Your money, your choice. There are better choices out there, such as Area1000/Systema or Guarder and so on.....

1shot 1kill
07-03-2007, 03:41 PM
About the pistons; I have a stripped piston on my CA M15 and so I was looking for new ones, and I came across this one. http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=31_148&products_id=621 My gun is not upgraded or anything but I do not want to have another stripped piston! So should I order this one? I have no clue on what kind of stuff my gun needs.

AustinWolv
07-03-2007, 06:15 PM
It is better to strip a piston than to strip a gearset. With aluminum pistons, you take away the weak link of the system and now shred gears along with a piston. In other words, you have to replace both if something goes wrong, resulting in additional cost.