PDA

View Full Version : What Flashlight?

ss190
06-10-2007, 11:05 PM
I want a light on my TM P90 but I donít know what kind to get. I found a few but are all a little pricy for a flashlight. I was wondering what type of flashlight to get before I spend a lot on a flashlight.

Few Possibilities-
http://www.lapolicegear.com/inlogunm3xta.html

http://www.lapolicegear.com/inm3tailweli.html

Marimba
06-10-2007, 11:29 PM
Skip the light. Chances are you won't use it.

Bear
06-10-2007, 11:36 PM
Mari's right, unless you're taking part in a MOUT/CQC scenario you won't need it. That said, you don't need a real Insight....there are plenty of replicas at places like WGC to choose from.

Sinjin
06-11-2007, 01:42 PM
The guys are right, you will very rarely use a light. I have one on my M4 that's been there since Irene and haven't used it since.
But if you really want one, I always recommend Surefire flashlights. Here is a link of what I have mounted..
http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/prrfnbr/878/sesent/00

Boose
06-11-2007, 09:14 PM
Yes, lights are basically a waste of money in my opinion. Using them during night only gives away your position. My advice would be save up your money and look to buy something more useful.

Red
06-12-2007, 03:24 PM
Guys, he didn't ask if a light was a good idea, he asked which one to get. So give him a break. Obviously he wants one.

Bear
06-12-2007, 03:27 PM
Tell you what snipe, we'll keep giving advice based on our experience and you can just deal with it instead of trying to dictate what senior members of this site can or can't do.

Comprende?

Red
06-12-2007, 03:31 PM
Yeah, I understand. But he was talking to me about how you guys just told him not to get one, and he didn't sound like he was changing his mind. So I figured if he's not going to change his mind, we could at least help him out and have him not spend a bunch of money on a crappie one.

Sorry if you misunderstood me. I apologize.

Bear
06-12-2007, 03:45 PM
Sinjin recommended Surefire, which I endorse fully. I also recommended Insight replicas on WGC. Both are affordable.

AustinWolv
06-12-2007, 07:12 PM
Yeah, I understand. But he was talking to me about how you guys just told him not to get one, and he didn't sound like he was changing his mind. So I figured if he's not going to change his mind, we could at least help him out and have him not spend a bunch of money on a crappie one.

Sorry if you misunderstood me. I apologize.
Conversely, if he wishes to waste his money, he could go do some research like most of the people here have which could help make his decision.

Surefire, Streamlight, and the knock-offs of those will all be more than enough for airsoft.

ss190
06-12-2007, 07:49 PM
I understand that the flashlight is not a very useful thing to have while playing airsoft. But I have a slight rat problem around my house and canít see a darn thing out there and when I get my big maglight out it scares them away!

Marimba
06-12-2007, 10:23 PM
Don't shoot the creature!

AustinWolv
06-13-2007, 12:50 AM
Calling an exterminator is probably a good idea.

ss190
06-13-2007, 01:13 AM
I am not going to worry about calling an exterminator because there had been one rat and it is just living in my friends shed. I just want to be ready when the rat crosses over on to my property. The last thing I want is a family of rats living right outside my door.

Dark Paladin
06-13-2007, 01:28 AM
nabors

Seriously. Please use a spell-checker or run it against dictionary.com next time before you post. Consider this your warning.