PDA

View Full Version : Auto Winding Mags

Grant
05-31-2007, 08:31 PM
I am looking for a high capacity auto winding magazine for my M4. Anything 900 rounds and over is good. However, my M4 has a systema magnum motor with a 10.8v 4200 mah battery. So... the mag needs to be very fast.
I have looked for reviews of different auto mags but have come up mostly empty handed. So far I have heard that the Star C-Mag (or S-Mag as Start calls it) is pretty good.

Any advice? Anything I should stay away from?

Dark Paladin
05-31-2007, 09:10 PM
Personally I think you need to stay away from box mags for M4s. But that's just me.

Naveronski
05-31-2007, 09:17 PM
I'll agree. We're not too fond of them in Houston, either.

SABOT
05-31-2007, 10:14 PM
Personally I think you need to stay away from box mags for M4s. Same here. C-Mag + M4 = Dork.

Why do you feel you need a C-Mag?

AustinWolv
05-31-2007, 10:43 PM
I agree with the posts above, but to answer the question, box/drum mags can be wired to take slightly higher voltages so that they feed faster.

Phaedrus
06-03-2007, 12:51 AM
Hmmmm,

In all honesty, I'd stay away from that 10.8V battery for starters. For an AEG it's a lot of power that isn't adequately supported by the build quality of the AEG's mechanical parts; that is, the fuel is far more powerful than the engine. I'm not knowledgable about this at the level of fixing things, just breaking mechbox parts and the headache the search for more juice can bring. I've gone back down to where I started, 8.4V...so it goes...

Also, box mags won't only look dorky, but you'll probably encounter others' open rejection, mild contempt, and even frank disgust, by some experienced players. And if they aren't showing one of these reactions, they're likely having one of them. I'm not saying this to pass judgment on your suggested approach, rather cautioning against it to avoid any unnecessary consequences. If you want a SAW, buy one and others won't react those ways at all.

Alternatively, there's a dual M4 mag 900-round electric winding system that can work as an effective solution to carrying a host of hicap/midcap/locap mags. But this electric winding dual-mag system still won't make an M4 a SAW. If you're in Cen Tex and interested in seeing one, PM me and I can show you one at a local skirmish or Op.

Phaed. out.