PDA

View Full Version : Phantom Ciras

YO-yo
04-28-2007, 06:09 PM
So I have been looking for a good CIRAS vest for a while and have seen many good reviews about the Phantom brand version. Not only does it come with almost all the pouches that I would want(need), but is much cheaper than the real thing. Many reviews that I have seen say that it is a really nice vest; but I was wondering if anyone here has had experience with Coyote Brown Land Model, and if getting it from http://www.scopeandlaser.com/index.php?p=6&id=806&new=&cat2=0&cat1=130&cat0=44&lang=en is a good idea. I was looking at it from Redwolf but it seems to have dissapeared from there website, along with the milspex model so I assume that Eagle Industries got tired of seeing the replicas sell much better than the real things. Anyway, if one could tell me if they like thiers and whether that is an ok site, I have looked at their ebay page and they seem pretty on the spot, that would be great.

Bear
04-28-2007, 11:49 PM
If I remember correctly, the Phantom had relatively subpar stitching and construction. If memory serves the Proud may be the best knockoff out there, but Marimba could say for sure. He's been running a CIRAS replica for awhile now and I may have gotten my brands mixed up.

Knockoffs aren't my bag.:cool:

YO-yo
04-29-2007, 12:01 AM
Well I have heared the exact opposite, about Proud and Milspex, but I will definately take that into consideration. But I really am not going to buy the real deal, $580, I could get a new gun for that.

Marimba
04-29-2007, 06:48 PM
The Phantom CIRAS is the best CIRAS replica. The Guarder RAV is the best RAV replica. Avoid both the Proud and the Milspex.

YO-yo
04-29-2007, 07:14 PM
Thank you. I was wondering if there is a big difference between the land and the maritime versions? I have been looking at the land version because it looks a little larger. Also, do you know where to get those patches that you always see on them.

Marimba
04-29-2007, 07:41 PM
I purchased the Maritime because I figured it would fit me better. If I was gonna buy another one, I would get the land version.

Bear
04-29-2007, 09:11 PM
Mari, thanks for the clarification.