PDA

View Full Version : help with setup

augster0219
04-18-2007, 06:27 PM
OK, this is kind of stupid, but I've done a lot of searching around on the net and I can't find any sniper upgrades for my TM AUG. I know their out there because I've seen them before but I can't seem to find it anymore. I know of people putting a PSG-1 tightbore barrel in there but I'm not quite sure exactly what all is going on in there. SO, if anyone has advice or somewhere to get what I'm looking for I'd really appreciate it. thanks

xDieter736x
04-18-2007, 07:11 PM
A common modification is the "Phantom" AUG kit, a bit pricy, but many HK retailers stock them, so availiblity shouldn't be an issue. I know absolutely nothing else about the kit, other than the fact that it looks great and is, of course, expensive. Or, you can simply add a silencer to the end, just remember, though, always support the barrel by some means if you plan on running a 509mm tightbore through a silencer.

augster0219
04-19-2007, 12:02 AM
yeah I knew about the phantom kit but I'd rather have a more sniper look than the phantom. Don't get me wrong I like it but I would rather go with the silencer and long barrel. And Dieter, would just a reenforced outer barrel give enough support for that? if so where could I get one fo those because a lot of the sites i look through dont have much if anything for the AUG period.

AustinWolv
04-19-2007, 12:49 AM
You need to take the time to review the site rules, particularly #18.

What exactly are "sniper upgrades"? In other words, what are you looking to do?
The AUG has a fairly long inner barrel already. Thus, are you looking for a high-powered semi-auto rifle?

augster0219
04-19-2007, 03:52 PM
I'm sorry if my english wasn't perfect AustinWolv. I'll work on that.

Anyway, what I am looking for is basically what I said earlier about the long inner barrel and silencer look. And yes I know that the AUG has a long inner barrel to begin with, BUT I'd like it a bit longer for even better accuracy.

AustinWolv
04-19-2007, 04:08 PM
All you want is a longer inner barrel?

What the question is asking was what is your end-goal? High-powered to what level or not upgraded? Just a longer inner barrel?

If you are just sticking a longer inner barrel in there, all you have to do is throw a silencer on that is long enough to cover it. Your AUG should already have a full cylinder, so should be solid there.

augster0219
04-19-2007, 08:52 PM
Yes, that is pretty much what I was trying to say. Sorry if it was a bit difficult to understand. No internal upgrades neccessary then?

Thanks

AustinWolv
04-19-2007, 11:42 PM
Correct, full cylinder should have you covered.