PDA

View Full Version : Ok this isn't about a gun but it may help the snipers out there

Fox
04-18-2007, 03:33 AM
OK, from my experience few people know how to 'read' their scope. They think it is just as easy as putting the enemy in the cross hairs and pulling the trigger but it's not that simple. They forget to add up things like wind, distance, and size of their target.

Although with most scopes they only have a dot or 2 lines forming the cross hair and these practices can't be done. Yet there are some scopes out there that have little dashes in them like this (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/Darki/cross_hairs.jpg).

Those dashes there can help you determine just how big and how far the target is, thus helping you take aim and hit them on the first shot!

Although I personally don't understand allot of what is said on the site that I got this information from (might be due to me having problems with math or it being 0220 and me having, had, a long day. And, I'm about to have an even longer one in the next 8 hours). Maybe some one else will...So here (http://www.leapers.com/pages/optics/mil-dot%20scope-c.htm) have fun and please post a laymen translation if you figure it out. I'm pretty sure it could help a few snipers improve their, very important aim, which ultimately can take a load of weight off of the whole team :D .

crow
04-18-2007, 05:00 AM
Fox, did you happen to read this line in the ad:

"For fixed distance shooting at multiples of hundred meters, our ARE range estimating reticle allows you to aim at targets of variable lengths / widths with pinpoint accuracy."

Multiples of hundred meters. Clue #1 that this probably does not apply to airsoft. High powered rifles, yes; airsoft, no.

You might as well attach a range estimating scope to a plastic straw, and see if it improves your spitwad shooting accuracy at distances of 800 meters.

AustinWolv
04-18-2007, 08:48 AM
Fox, it is nice that you are trying to help and contribute, but since you are new, it is better if you slow down, observe, listen, gain some experience, and then see where your knowledge will be helpful to people.

Currently, it comes across that you are trying to speak to a subject that you actually don't know much about.

xDieter736x
04-18-2007, 08:15 PM
Just another thing, if you plan to forray into the sniper role, as I did in addition to many others, be prepared to: get shot in the face, have your scope protectors shattered, be called a cheater, and be out-gunned. I also recommend getting a gas or high powered, spring TM or Maruzen base gun. And a great set of optics can make all the difference, just remember to engage the enemy when he is out of "spray and pray" range.