PDA

View Full Version : MP5K upgrades

Trench_raider
05-17-2003, 03:21 PM
Hey all.
I may be able to score a slightly used MP5k for next to nothing. If the deal comes available I will certainly be getting it. For the semi-CQB games we have at TxPB it might not be a bad choice.

Hell, I might go "akimbo" with the GBB mac11 in one hand and the MP5K in the other...:D

Now I'm aware that with a 3" barrel this thing is going to be even less impressive than your usual stock AEG. Would it be feasable to upgrade the internals and add a extended barrel and silencer?
Would it be worth the effort?

What would be a decent silencer to add to cover a longer barrel?

Am I nuts?

"Trench Raider"

Katana
05-17-2003, 07:14 PM
Personal opinion:

Upgraded internals on a 5k are a bit of a waste of time unless you're going to attached a battery-bag to the folding stock and run an over-sized battery. Unless you do that, the best you can hope to run internally is a 9.6v 600mAh, and that's only after disassembling the charging-handle tube and cutting 2/3 the length off of the fake op-rod.

My advice to you for easy upgrades if you have cash to blow:

-9.6v 600mAh battery swap
-Systema motor
-extended barrel in a gutted silencer.
-350 fps upgrade with M100 or M110 spring.

Overall, the thing just isn't as easy to mess with as the others. If you DO decide to hang a big battery on the outside of it, then feel free to do whatever you want to it, as you'll have the power to push whatever spring combo you want.

Agrovale
05-17-2003, 09:09 PM
You can now get a 9.6v 1000mah pack too. NiMh.