PDA

View Full Version : longer barrel upgrades?

1nt3rl0p3r
09-29-2003, 05:31 PM
is there a way to put a long barrel in a spetsnaz without having to screw up my mech box. I am willing to paay someone else to screw it up for me. plz help

Mouse
09-29-2003, 06:17 PM
Unless you have some special AK where the barrel inserts into the mechbox....i dont see what your problem is. Just be careful when you take the barrel out that you do not use the hop-up bucking. It will help if you turn the hop up all the way off when you take it out.

Other than that, your post makes very little sense.

Dragon
09-29-2003, 06:31 PM
Mouse -

If you increase the length of your inner barrel then you SHOULD have to increase the size of the cylinder. It takes more air to get a BB to expel from a longer barrel so you should increase the size of the cylinder. Which also means you have to increase the size of the cylinder head and quite possibly a few other things.

In other words - Just increasing the length of the inner barrel is NOT that easy. :)

Mouse
09-29-2003, 07:00 PM
I understand....it kinda sounded like he was talkin about screwing a barrel into a mechbox.

Dark
09-29-2003, 07:10 PM
I thought I read somewhere you can go up to around 6 inches longer than normal without changing the mechbox...

Obsidian
09-29-2003, 11:02 PM
Changing the mechbox? It is all about making sure that you cylinder has a greater volume than your barrel. If you have a hole halfway down the cylinder and you put a PSG barrel in there you will be shooting 100 to 200 fps. That is the whole point of a bore up cylinder. It has a greater volume than any barrel out there.

SnipeDefender
10-19-2003, 12:47 AM
Hey,

I believe that i can answer your question. I own a spetsnaz. I bought a *stock* Ak 47 18 in. barrel, and put it into my spetsnaz. It actually shoots harder than it did before (not by more than 10 to 15 fps though). The ACCURACY is the greatest benifit. with the standard 9 in. Spetsnaz barrel i could hit man size target at about 60 ft 90% of the time, but with the barrel extension i can hit man size targets at around 85 ft. 90% of the time. the gun is now one of the most accurate guns on my team, andis more accurate than MP5's with stardard length tightbore barrels.

This upgrade does come with some hassels though. To extend the barrel, you will have to drill out the end of the place where the flashhider screws onto. The end of it is smaller than the barrels diameter ( so that it holds the barrel in). You will need a very good clamp or vice grips, and a drill with the exact right diameter of the barrel. Otherwise the hole will be too big causeing the barrel to wobble around causeing HUGE accuracy problems. Secondly, please make sure you put the HOPUP all the way off before you remove the barel ( I stupidly forgot this step once when dissasembling my gun) it tore my hop bucking to shreds.
If this is your fist time to take an AK apart then i also suggest that you make a drawing of the ak, and label where all the screws go, becuase they can be hard to remember.

I hope this helps you. I spent a total of 3 hrs doing this upgrade from start to finish, but it was totally worth it!!