PDA

View Full Version : Please reply within 2 hours.

DesertWolf
03-18-2007, 11:21 PM
Hey guys, I'm watching this on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180094632216&rd=1&rd=1

I am looking to buy it, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

shakman
03-18-2007, 11:30 PM
It looks like it would work for you. That particular model of the IC-F4GT is the right bandsplit, so you should be able to get it programmed for the FRS/GMRS frequencies. In fact, the picture they have show it's currently on FRS 9 (which may or may not mean it's the ACTUAL channel 9 FRS frequency).

It seems to me that $122.50 for a used radio is a bit much. I picked up my Icom off ebay for $65 shipped and others have had the same luck.

If you really have your heart set on this one, then go for it, but it seems a bit pricy IMHO.

DesertWolf
03-18-2007, 11:40 PM
Thanks Shak. I knew I could count on a rapid response here. I know that most of the guys that got there ICOM's on the bay got it for under $100 but I've been watching for almost a month and haven't had the same luck. I am definitely gonna need one for UF though so....I dunno....bah.

Village
03-19-2007, 09:30 AM
It would be nice if we compiled a list of suffix numbers by ICOM model that indicate the 440/450-470Mhz bandsplit. I've noticed many of the sellers on eBay have no idea what they have, other than the model number, and just post specs off the ICOM website. Fortunately this auction lists the bandsplit and the sub model number, -2. Shak, do you know of the FRS/GMRS suffixes for the other popular ICOM models?