PDA

View Full Version : double threaded outer barrels

1nt3rl0p3r
09-27-2003, 07:41 PM
I am looking for a outer barrel to put onto my spetsnaz so that I can put in a 590 mm tightbore barrel into it. I read snnipe defenders post, so I will make some dremel adjustments or whatever. I already have a silencer that I want to use on it, but it isnt long enough to cover the length of barrel that I want. I also will need to put that silencer on my gun because I am not going to just set it aside after paying for it. All I need is a outer barrel with threads on each end one being 14mm- female and the other 14mm- male. I realize that I could make my own but I would much rather not, because I have extremely bad luck and I wouldn't want to do something I would really regret. If anyone can help plz respond.

Kyle
09-27-2003, 09:26 PM
Why not sell the silencer or put up a "trade (WTT)" ad?

skitelluride531
09-28-2003, 08:34 AM
yea, if you do end up selling the silencer, i will definetly buy it from you...

Obsidian
09-28-2003, 09:31 AM
Best bet is to talk to this guy. I have mailed him before about parts and he is pretty cool about custom work. I know that he was in the process of moving so he might not be able to help right now.

If your putting a 590 in a spetz you better change out some of the internals like cylinder, cylinder head, piston head, and the nozzle or you will be shooting around 200.

1nt3rl0p3r
09-29-2003, 04:26 PM
WHAT :eek: :confused: . I didnt know I would have to go through all that gear box crap. ugh. Well damn. Whatever I'll find something else to spend on :( . Just out of curiosity obsidian how long of a barrrel do u think I could have without going thru the pain in the ass of upgrading my gear box. Telluride I might sell the silencer, so it is a possibilty. I am not going to sell it right noe tho. Thanx.

Obsidian
09-29-2003, 10:04 PM
hmmm something removed the link I had in my post....anyways here is the guy:

http://kope.com/airsoft/customparts.html

The question is why do you want a longer barrel?

mcoupe11
09-30-2003, 06:56 AM
Abbreviations such as "u" or "thru" or "tho" or "thanx" are appropriate for chatting, but not for posting on the boards; the minimal time savings achieved by using such abbreviations do not justify the deviation from standard English.

1nt3rl0p3r
09-30-2003, 07:00 PM
ok tyhanx obsidian that helps a lot.

PG13
10-01-2003, 02:55 PM
a real good buddy of mine owns a machine shop, i know you said you wernt gonna do that, butt he charges a flat rate of 20 bucks an hour+ material... it wouldnt take him butt probally an hour and a half to do that, all you woudl need is the material ?

1nt3rl0p3r
10-01-2003, 04:27 PM
alright ill consider it. thx

mcoupe11
10-01-2003, 07:18 PM
Clearly, Interloper, you were not paying attention. Punctuation, capitalization, and the avoidance of needless abbreviations - these things are not optional. Please make an effort to improve.

PG, try reading the following passage. It was written in English:

"A really good buddy of mine owns a machine shop, and, although I know you said you weren't going to do that, he charges a flat rate of 20 bucks an hour plus material. It wouldn't take him but an hour and a half to do that, probably. All you would need is the material."

It took me less than a minute to correct your post. I really don't believe it would take you very much longer than that to achieve similar results, so please make the effort. You'll find it's worth it, in terms of the level of respect you'll have in the airsoft community.

skitelluride531
10-04-2003, 09:52 AM
also, i believe the q project makes custom inner and outer barrels too...