PDA

View Full Version : Austin Weekly Skirmish: San Marcos

AustinWolv
03-06-2007, 12:20 AM
Show up at 10am; skirmishing to start at 11am.

Feel free to suggest and/or lead scenarios.

Dirus
03-06-2007, 12:46 AM
Count me in. Hurray saturday games!

Smokeater
03-06-2007, 01:26 AM
Hopefully I am in.

shakman
03-06-2007, 11:42 AM
Can't make this one. I've got research paper deadlines to meet :(

E6D
03-06-2007, 12:24 PM
Post this on Houston lamesoft. I want to go, and perhaps someone else might.
Late

Mcwali
03-06-2007, 07:51 PM
Sorry, but im kinda new. So where in San Marcos is this feild?

AustinWolv
03-06-2007, 07:52 PM
Sorry, but im kinda new. So where in San Marcos is this feild?
Did you try looking at the forum specifically dedicated to this San Marco field? Directions are within.

chrisvalla
03-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Woohoo! Monthly skirmishes are back for those in SA!

Same zone of play as before? I've got a formative idea for something involving the tree-line and the open field/airport that I'll see if I can get it to something more concrete this weekend.

AustinWolv
03-06-2007, 10:34 PM
Anyone and everyone is welcome to suggest scenarios. Just make sure that they make sense. :D

The exact logistics of the monthly skirmishes are still a bit unknown to me to ensure that someone will always be present to open the gate, but we'll work through it.

overduegalaxy
03-08-2007, 12:03 PM
I'll be there, possibly with two friends.

MeanGreen7
03-08-2007, 12:15 PM
Count me in too. I realy like that field :D

Mcwali
03-10-2007, 02:30 PM
Is this Maximum Airsoft?

All American
03-11-2007, 07:32 PM
I will try to make it.

AustinWolv
03-11-2007, 09:07 PM
Is this Maximum Airsoft?
Yes, east of San Marcos.

spade
03-12-2007, 12:16 AM
Planning on being there.

hyudun
03-12-2007, 12:52 AM
I'll be there, possibly with two friends.

I'm one of the two. And we'll probably bring one more in addition to the one already mentioned.

For those who don't want to parse through that sentence, we'll be four people total. Hopefully we'll be able to bring a few more as well.

Crown
03-12-2007, 10:21 AM
I'll be there.

otang
03-12-2007, 11:48 AM
Planning on being there.

**edited: Can't make the skirmish afterall**

Soria
03-12-2007, 04:00 PM
Should be there with 2 others.

Rattler
03-12-2007, 09:16 PM
Will be there, possible with 4 in tow maybe more. unknown extra at this time

patmann90
03-12-2007, 09:25 PM
I plan on it. Cali can you install that spring for me?

AustinWolv
03-14-2007, 11:06 AM
Not planning on attending at this time.

An elder member will need to get with Max to ensure the gate is opened. PM me for the number as I'm not sure if it is to be shared publicly.

SilentVectorX
03-14-2007, 10:14 PM
I'm located at the north junction of Loop 1604 and Rt 281 in San Antonio. If anyone can give me a ride, I'll buy gas. PM me.

EDIT:

Eye Protection: Proper eye protection is mandatory at every Airsoft field in the state of Texas. Only the use of Industry approved Paintball Manufactured fully-sealing goggles are acceptable at ALL fields. However Ballistic Shooting Goggles that do not have any cracks or holes larger than 6mm are allowed on most Airsoft fields pending Field Owner approval. All lenses must be rated at ANSI Z87.1-2003 (also known as Z87.1+). Regular shop goggles, shooting glasses, or sunglasses are not adequate enough for protection and are not allowed! If the eye protection is not FULL SEALING (meaning NO gaps between the face and lens/frame) then you must receive permission to use that eye protection from the Field Owner.

So, is this field the PB-type only, or will my Wiley X Inks work? They're sunglasses with a foam seal.

-SVX

chrisvalla
03-14-2007, 10:26 PM
For those going, keep in mind the actual entrance to the airsoft field is the other side of the property from the street address. You'll want to turn on Old Seguin Road (from 123) and cross the low water crossing/creekbed to get onto the field; the entrance is a movable fence that begins right as you curve to the left and head out into farm country. If you get there early, try to move off the road since it's only a lane-and-a-half wide.

Please DO NOT go knocking on any doors on Dreibrodt Road and disturb their neighbors.

AustinWolv
03-14-2007, 10:34 PM
Good reminder, chris.

To reinforce: http://www.lonestarairsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7121

CALI
03-15-2007, 07:21 AM
I plan on it. Cali can you install that spring for me?

Patman,
PM me if you have any questions that is not related to this topic. :)

Planning on going...This will be my first time.

Buck
03-15-2007, 09:50 PM
I'm going with Patmann, This will be my first skirmish, so expect to have me sucking up the field.

chrisvalla
03-15-2007, 10:55 PM
Just watch out for the bovine deployed land mines and you'll be OK.

AustinWolv
03-16-2007, 01:26 AM
If you have a chrono, please bring it for pre-skirmish use. Thanks in advance if someone can.

Village
03-16-2007, 03:13 PM
Can someone confirm that the gate will be open tomorrow? Also, I'd like to suggest a 45 minute lunch break so we can get back on the field quicker than last time.

chrisvalla
03-16-2007, 04:06 PM
There likely won't be any confirmation about the gate until someone gets up there; things were scheduled and confirmed last time and didn't quite go off without a little bit of a hitch. I'll be giving Max a call tonight after work to make sure this is still going to happen and then again when I get there in the morning (since I'm shooting to be there 9:45ish) so we can have people rolling in at 10:00 not waiting outside until 10:15.

spade
03-16-2007, 04:19 PM
Will anyone have any ammo to purchase? Sorry for the late notice but I was informed today that several of my teammates are running rather low and will gladly have cash in hand to purchase.

Also...

Can someone confirm that the gate will be open tomorrow? Also, I'd like to suggest a 45 minute lunch break so we can get back on the field quicker than last time.

I definitely concur with Village. Since this is a 6 hour skirmish day, it would be great if we can maximize playing time.

Rattler
03-16-2007, 08:23 PM
well, sorry but I wont be able to make it... found out some Very disturbing news this evening. maybe next month...

Marimba
03-16-2007, 08:24 PM
Any actual confirmation so far? I don't want to drive for 1 1/2 hours to go to a place where we can't play.

chrisvalla
03-16-2007, 08:25 PM
No answer on the phone yet... I'm trying alternate methods of confirmation at the moment... I hope to have a definite answer before 10pm tonight.

As of 2030, I haven't been able to get an answer. I'll try again around 2100 and a last time at 2150, but if I still don't get an answer, we're looking at an 'unconfirmed' game. If we have enough people that still want to run and gun tomorrow, I can PM you my cell number or vice versa and I'll get a confirmation (either a 'yay' or a 'nay' by default) at 1000 tomorrow... it means we may not have a start time until 1200 or so, but if there's enough interest, I'll call everyone back as soon as I have an answer (or no answer).

Marimba
03-16-2007, 08:45 PM
Thanks!

patmann90
03-16-2007, 09:48 PM
Guys don't forget to fill out the waivers.
LINKS:
ADULT (http://pic1.piczo.com/maximumairsoft/?g=5795337&cr=1)
MINOR (http://pic1.piczo.com/maximumairsoft/?g=5795406&cr=1)

chrisvalla
03-16-2007, 10:05 PM
No answer after multiple attempts... we do NOT have a confirmed game tomorrow. I'm going to leave my cell phone number (6107-572... the numbers are in order and the 'dash' is in the right place (hint!) :) ) on here for anyone interested in still playing tomorrow. I will attempt another call tomorrow morning at 1000 and will post the result on here. Just don't call me after 2300 or before 0900.

I've got waivers in case you need one, though any minors will still need an adult signature. I'm going to go ahead and have my gear ready for tomorrow, but those of you that are further out or might have other plans, I would suggest you call it a bust and go about your other business.

Crown
03-16-2007, 10:34 PM
I'm tenative to show tommorrow. I will be at Texas PB on Sunday for certain. I will also have BB's for sale as always.

Village
03-17-2007, 12:00 AM
well, sorry but I wont be able to make it... found out some Very disturbing news this evening. maybe next month...

Sorry to hear that, Rattler. I don't know what to say, other than I hope the news isn't too awful.

My main reason for going was to hand off GnG's gun, so my attendance is tentative at best. I'm still cleaning up after NS2. We'll see in the morning.

AustinWolv
03-17-2007, 12:31 AM
Best of luck to you, Rattler. Drop me a line if needed.

Rattler
03-17-2007, 02:47 AM
thanks D. I Greatly appricate that ..
Brother

MeanGreen7
03-17-2007, 09:23 AM
There will be a game today in San Marcus, Spade went to Max's house and he is going to open the gate. Nobody could get ahold of Max cause the phones are down.
I REPEAT: NO CHANGE THE GAME IS STILL ON. :D

AustinWolv
03-17-2007, 09:26 AM
Please tell Max this monthly date needs to be better solidified and dependable process worked out so people driving in KNOW that there won't be gate fiascos. He hasn't responded to my PMs about that how to do that yet.

Crown
03-17-2007, 09:29 AM
V, GnG should be out at TXPB tommorrow. I'll be out there as well.

AustinWolv
03-17-2007, 09:48 AM
Guys, spade and Max just called. As MG7 said, game is on! Head out there.

Max reassured us that for the future, all we have to do is call the house (or stop by the house if the phone isn't picked up) on the way down and someone will always be available to open up the gate.

spade
03-18-2007, 02:59 AM
The skirmish was fantastic, had 20 guys show to play and enjoy a perfect Texas day. Props to ODG, Alamo Scouts and the unaffiliated that came out to play - Hidden Sword had 3 out. Looking forward to more skirmishes at an excellent site for airsoft.

Definitely glad to help work out the kinks in the "communication breakdown", it seems that Max and his family are 100% behind the community even on short notice to make the field available. Thanks for your communique today via phone Wolv, it definitely aided greatly in insuring that the field is constantly available when a skirmish is scheduled.

Buck
03-18-2007, 09:17 PM
Well I had a lot of fun out there. It was a little weird at first, being my first skirmish, but I soon got used to it and had a ton of fun. This definitely made me decide that I'm going to invest a little more into playing. For example, actually getting boots and some camo wear. It really sucks when you're the only one out there with blue jeans and an oversized camo jacket. It also sucks when you get your sneaker stuck in mud.

All American
03-18-2007, 09:24 PM
This definitely made me decide that I'm going to invest a little more into playing. For example, actually getting boots and some camo wear. It really sucks when you're the only one out there with blue jeans and an oversized camo jacket. It also sucks when you get your sneaker stuck in mud.
Lol, good idea.

hyudun
03-18-2007, 09:36 PM
Had a lot of fun up until I unwittingly laid myself on top of a fire ant nest. Was starting to react badly, so I left early for the hospital to get it checked out. Lesson: don't go prone until you've checked the ground in front of you.

Three games were played: Seize and defend on a barn, rescue hostage (my friends and I left during this one to get lunch), and a general team slayer where boundary confusions caused the two teams to spend a ton of time looking for each other. It was all good fun and I had a blast up until I left.

Since us poor college kids can't afford too much money, overduegalaxy, myself, and our other friend with the Wells M4 (looking to replace it with a Marui XM177) are looking at just coming once a month, probably to the San Marcos games.

chrisvalla
03-18-2007, 10:00 PM
I owe AustinWolv and everyone an apology for not making it out with all of the waivers and other admin stuff. I got onto 1604 and was heading for I-35 when my engine light came on. I had to head back into town and... long story short... engine control module was on the way out (these things never fail according to the dealer) and it took most of the day the get it fixed (after getting a bit of a polite dressing down for driving it after the light came on).

I'm glad we were able to get a game day going at least. We'll just have to keep in mind next time to go ahead and go with a positive assumption on the game since they'll be there if we can't confirm (for whatever reason) the night before.

AustinWolv
03-18-2007, 10:07 PM
chris, good luck with your car. Things happen, don't sweat it one bit.

We need to map the field next time we're out there.

Buck
03-18-2007, 10:53 PM
Hyudun, I remember you dude. That really sucks that you laid on that anthill. I'm assuming you turned out alright. Thank god you weren't allergic too them lol.

MeanGreen7
03-18-2007, 11:14 PM
Thank you Max for being helpful with the guys there that needed a little something extra for their guns and ammo and such. You and your family were very helpful and the day turned out to be really awesome.

The field as a whole is so beautiful and has tons of different terrain. I highly recommend that if you have not played at Maximum Airsoft field yet that you do so. It is (if I have the intel correct) 400 acres of airsofting goodness, with open areas heavy dense vegitation areas, woodlands, and my favorite for personal reasons, the creek and water way areas. For $10 it is more that worth it, you will have a good time. :D

patmann90
03-19-2007, 04:15 PM
Yes very fun, I had a great time and hope to make another trip out there and play again sometime.