PDA

View Full Version : CA M15A4 and fuses

1shot 1kill
02-18-2007, 05:06 PM
Ok... I blew the fuse my gun came with and I today bought a new set of five. The manual says it uses 20A glass fuses and thats what I bought. When I put one into the gun and inserted the battery and tried to shoot once and the fuse blew! So I thought that one must of been just a bad one so I tried another and the same thing happened!
It was a Bussman 20 AMP Fast acting Fuse
This (http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_47&products_id=45) was the battery I used
Please tell me what fuse I do need?

MrZero
02-18-2007, 05:36 PM
The fuses are not your problem. They are blowing because something is binding the gears or the motor, or there's a short somewhere in your wiring. The fuses blowing is a good thing, as it's keeping your battery and internals from destroying themselves.

1shot 1kill
02-19-2007, 01:23 PM
So I should just take it to the store and ask them to do a "Check up"? or something.

Dirus
02-19-2007, 02:35 PM
Pretty much. There are many possible problems when a fuse blows, and taking apart the mechbox is usually involved. If you don't know much about the internals, best leave it to someone else.

Question: Did it actually fire off a round before the fuses blew, or did they blow the second you pulled the trigger?

patmann90
02-19-2007, 09:40 PM
Where is there a local store I have been hearing about lately?

AustinWolv
02-19-2007, 10:02 PM
pat, he lists his location as "Mesa" which likely isn't local. Stay on topic.

1shot 1kill
02-20-2007, 11:01 PM
No it doesn't get a shot off, It blows right when I try to fire. (Austinwolf I know you like how you didn't have to edit my typing)

AustinWolv
02-20-2007, 11:14 PM
Your typing still needs fixing to be correct, but it is adequate for now.

No, it doesn't get a shot off. It blows right when I try to fire.

Read and learn. ;)

Go read MrZero's post again. The fuse is not your problem. A 20A fuse is more than sufficient to drive AEGs. Then, do a search for "gear shimming" or "shimming" on the forums as that is one possibility. There is also a guide on it, if I recall correctly, in the Airsoft FAQ at the top of the page.

Prior to opening up the mechbox, take the motor out of the grip, but plug the motor leads back up to it. With a battery connnected, hold the motor securely or secure it somehow, and then pull the trigger. Does the motor spin freely?
If so, it is most common likely you have one of the following:
- Gear shimming problem
- A broken part, such as a gear tooth, that wedged itself in somewhere that jammed everything up

You'll want to inspect your wiring, also suggested earlier, to ensure it is not frayed/damaged and shorting somewhere.

1shot 1kill
02-21-2007, 08:30 PM
I don't want to go and try to do it myslef because I will probally break the gun. So like I said before I'll just take it to the store. If they don't know what to do, anyone got good places I can send it? (Websites)