PDA

View Full Version : Used Rifle

Mishkan
02-06-2007, 04:02 PM
I just pick up a used rifle from ebay and it arrived today here is the original item #260081316254

For sale is a Tokyo Marui VSR10 G-spec. It shoots nicely and has been used in under 8 games.

What is included (in pic): Tokyo Marui VSR10 G-spec (500 fps spring, new piston, new trigger assembly), mag, and 4x scope

Also included (not in pic): Manual and unjamming rod

Note: This is not a real firearm and cannot be converted into a real firearm. It shoots plastic 6mm bbs and has an orange tip. No silencer included.

If there are any questions, please feel free to ask.

UPDATE: The trigger is a Laylax VSR-10 zero trigger with piston. Also, I forgot to mention, it is in good condition with only some minor scratches from being used in games.

I got the guy to throw in a few other things with the gun when no one bid initially and to put in a free shipping. Anyhow what sort of stuff should I check through with the gun to make sure everything is working properly etc.?
(I'll avoid any other questions about upgrading til I attempt to sort through the topics in this forum)

LaPHtA
02-06-2007, 08:54 PM
The combo of the zero trigger and piston will be the two parts to watch after.

Is the piston a synthtic or metal?

In the stock setup, the piston gets worn and/or the sear that holds the piston back gets worn. Nothing more annoying that pulling the charging handle only to have the piston not seat.

Outside of that, you should be good to go.

Mishkan
02-06-2007, 09:14 PM
well I think he said that its the piston that coes with the zero trigger

miguel
02-06-2007, 09:25 PM
The piston that comes with the zero trigger setup is aluminum and very strong. It is similar if not identicle to the laylax high pressure piston.

Mishkan
02-07-2007, 01:11 AM
I'm assuming I should throw in to help improve reliability and accuracy:
A spring guide with bearings
A longer tightbore (6.03 555 probably) and a silencer that it fits in (Or can the silencer that comes with it support a barrel?)

Yay nay?

Edit: If so where would be the best place to grab these?

miguel
02-07-2007, 01:43 AM
If you dont have the spring guide already that would be first on my list because the stock one is plastic. The 555 tightbore is probably too long for the silencer that comes with the G spec.

For VSR aftermarket parts I rely on
airsoftatlanta.com
poweredgeusa.com
hotspotairsoft.com
For the harder parts to find
dentrinity.com

Mishkan
02-07-2007, 03:12 AM
well i'm pretty sure the zero trigger doesn't come with a new spring guide,..

And I'm pretty sure a 430 tightbore will fit, does the extra 120mm (with the longest 550) help accuracy alot?

and is it really worth it to get tokyo marui magazines over the UHC ones?

LaPHtA
02-07-2007, 09:15 AM
If you go with a longer inner, look into spacers as well. Look at Spazzytroy's gallery...he's got an easy fix.

miguel
02-07-2007, 09:54 AM
The HFC mags while very similar are slighly different. The square part that feeds BB's into the gun is actually a little larger than the Tokyo Marui. But with a little sanding the HFC's will work. If I were you I would get the TM ones to be sure.

Mishkan
02-13-2007, 07:06 PM
So 555 vs 430 tightbore, which one? I'll probably get the 555 if the G-spec silencer can fit onto the laylax outer barrel, I think that gives it the full length thats needed.