PDA

View Full Version : O-Ring Help - Cylinder Head

Synyster06Gates
02-04-2007, 10:08 AM
Hey guys, I just need to know weather the o ring on the cylinder head can be replaced? It cant do anything but help, and if it can, what is the size? Thanks. Oh yeah, it is a V3 gearbox.

Dark Paladin
02-04-2007, 12:17 PM
Why do you need to replace the o-ring? Are you not getting a proper air seal in the cylinder?

shakman
02-04-2007, 10:05 PM
As long as the o-ring is not damaged beyond repair, you should be able to *carefully* stretch it a bit to get a better seal against the cylinder wall. I can't stress the CAREFUL enough as they will snap if you stretch too much.

If you do need to replace it, then any AEG piston o-ring will fit as they are universal. I don't know a specific size that corresponds with it.

AustinWolv
02-05-2007, 12:45 AM
He mentioned cylinder head o-ring, not piston head. However, to that point, AEG pistonhead o-rings are NOT universal. I commonly see improperly-sized o-rings used in stock AEGs, mainly from companies with historically subpar internals.

Now, back to the cylinderhead.....why would you need to replace it? (Unless it got damaged somehow?) Lube it up and press it in.

shakman
02-05-2007, 07:42 AM
DOH! My mistake. That's what I get for reading quickly.