PDA

View Full Version : Custom Silencers

xDieter736x
01-30-2007, 08:22 PM
Hey guys, I've been scouring the internet for a cheap metal silencer, and I haven't found one I like, plus I'd rather make my own(Non suppressing, of course). I have found a link for a PVC pipe silencer, but for me that doesn't cut it. Anyone got any tips on making one? Thanks in advance.

Village
01-30-2007, 11:17 PM
I'd suggest buying a used one from somebody for whom the 'cool factor' of a fake silencer has worn off. Sure, you could make your own silencer shell out of hardware store parts, but it's not going to look real. Since the silencer will be non-functional, what is the purpose of having it besides looking like it came off a real firearm?

xDieter736x
01-31-2007, 09:31 PM
I just wanted to make a silncer becuase not too many people around my area have a silencer, and I can't suppress a silencer because (I'm not sure if this is in Texas) it's illegal without spending $200 for a license and getting approval. Plus, I thnk the satisfaction of making your own gear is way much better than spending money, but, I might get lazy :p

AustinWolv
01-31-2007, 11:27 PM
Dieter, that depends on how much your time is worth.
;)

xDieter736x
02-03-2007, 09:55 AM
Okay, I've got a very prelimenary list for parts:

1inx7in exhaust tubing, or anything else metal I can scrounge up.

(2)Plastic button caps 1 in. diameter

Bic pens for the BB tunnel

Plastc flashider.

Oh, and here's the link to the PVC pipe silencer how-to

http://www.angelfire.com/blog/ninja/silencertutorial.html

I probably will end up buying one, but if I have the time, I will post pictures upon completion. One more quesion though, I don't know squat about painting, and I'll be forced to use Krylon Camo Matte Black spray paint, so if you guys have any advice about paint preperations, i.e. sanding, etc. Help me out! Thanks again guys.

AustinWolv
02-03-2007, 10:56 AM
You'll want the BB flight path to be substantially larger than a Bic pen diameter.