PDA

View Full Version : Checklist For a Large Op (Night Scorpion II)

otang
01-21-2007, 02:37 PM
Large Operation Checklist:
Required uniform
Reliable AEG
Secondary weapon (sidearm with mags)
Propane for sidearm
BB's (at least 6,000 BB's, more if needed. Biodegradable if required)
Magazines (some Ops require mid or low cap. magazines)
Magazines for secondary sidearm
Batteries
Battery charger
Tactical vest or any type of Load Bearing gear
Magazine pouches (to carry as many magazines into battle as desired)
Hydration/sports drinks/hydralite (to rehydrate onsite and after)
Safety Goggles
Gloves
Knee/elbow pads if user wears them
BB loaders/containers
Boots
Multi-use pouch/Dump pouch
Radio and accesories (including extra batteries and headset)
Wet weather gear
Cold weather gear
Spending money for room/board and fuel (if applicable)
Plastic bag for AEG
MRE's/Food Rations
Lower Priority Items:
Backup AEG
Backup AEG magazines
Batteries for backup AEG
Tokyo Marui Tracer Unit (for night portion if applicable)
Glow in the dark BB's
Extra uniform
Change of clothes
Night vision goggles
MICH replica helmet
Lube oil
Smoke grenades
Tools (allen wrenches/Mulit-tool)
Headwear
Other General Items:
(Some of these can be shared among teammates)
Extra socks
Small snacks when out on field
Personal items for either camping/hotel'ing it
Extra batteries (AA, AAA, cells for optics) for whatever electronics you may have
Backup eye protection
Cleaning/unjamming rod with cleaning patches
Comfortable clothes for ride home/other activities
Dead rag (couple extra throw in bag doesn't hurt either)
Red chemlight or red light of some sort to signify "hit" status at night (depending on respective op's rules)
aspirin (for soreness, headaches)
Energy drink (for drive home depending on individual's schedule)
sports drinks/hydralite (to rehydrate onsite and after)
Lube oil
Parachord
Electrical Tape
Zip Ties
Bug Repellant
Flashlight
Camping Gear (If Applicable)
Extra toilet Paper
Self Grooming Items
Extra Water
Extra AEG parts (bucking, piston, tappet plate)
Ice cooler
Camera

AustinWolv
01-21-2007, 03:04 PM
Extra socks
Personal items for either camping/hotel'ing it
Extra batteries (AA, AAA, cells for optics) for whatever electronics you may have
Extra BBs (3 bags were mentioned above.....no less than 6,000 rounds should be taken, no more than 10,000 are realistically needed)
Backup eye protection
Secondary weapon (sidearm with mags)
Cleaning/unjamming rod with cleaning patches
Gloves
Knee/elbow pads if user wears them
BB loaders/containers
Boots
Smokes
Comfortable clothes for ride home/other activities
Battery charger
Dead rag (couple extra throw in bag doesn't hurt either)
Red chemlight or red light of some sort to signify "hit" status at night (depending on respective op's rules)
aspirin (for soreness, headaches)
Energy drink (for drive home depending on individual's schedule)
sports drinks/hydralite (to rehydrate onsite and after)

For the life of me, I cannot find a post made by either Brittain or Jay back in the day that was a complete travel pack list for regular days and actual ops.

LaPHtA
01-21-2007, 04:35 PM

By this, he means every bit of hard candy one might secure from any open rooms at the hotel.

AustinWolv
01-21-2007, 05:22 PM
:D

I'm not sure what you are trying to say, laphta.

:p

satank
01-21-2007, 06:13 PM
How useful would a taclight be for this OP? Trying to decide whether to get a cheap light, or spend the extra money on something that would last more than an hour of use.

AustinWolv
01-21-2007, 06:39 PM
You don't need white light for OPNS2 gameplay. Other than to sort through your things in the parking lot, your money is better spent in another manner.

Village
01-21-2007, 10:11 PM
** Primary Eye Protection (It's not on your initial list ;) )

** Replacement hopup bucking

** Tools to field strip your AEG and open up the hopup assembly in case the nubbin is lost too. Don't forget an allen key to remove the body pins if you own a Classic Army AR-series.

AustinWolv
01-21-2007, 10:22 PM
Geez Village, worrying about replacing the hopup bucking?!! I would be less worried about that than a piston or gearset for that matter.
The gun should have been field-tested definitively prior to a large op such that a hopup bucking is the least of worries.

:)

Bear
01-21-2007, 10:28 PM
This is something Jay put together, which I modified to reflect NS2:

1st Level
AEGs
Goggles
Shooting Glasses
$$

2nd Level
Batteries
Magazines
BBs - We might be out in the field for the whole day, so plan to pack accordingly.

3rd Level
BDUs
Boots
Hydration Unit
Tac Vest
Pistols
Pouches\Packs
Canteens
Radios
Headsets

4th Level
Socks
Underwear
Thermals
Undershirt
BDU Belt
Knee Pads
Elbow Pads
Headwear
Gloves
Spandoflage

5th Level
BB Tubes
Extra AA/AAA Batts
Flashlights
Zip Ties
Carabiners
Paracord
Electrical Tape
100mph Tape
Red Kill Flag
Multi-Tool
Knife
Matches
Face Paint
Bug Repellent
Folding Chairs

6th Level
Food - If you guys want, I can bring a case of MREs.
Water - Carry LOTS. An extra canteen wouldn't hurt.
Can Opener
Utencils
Napkins
TP

7th Level
Soap
Shampoo
Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Extra Contacts
Contact Case
Saline Solution
Extra Glasses
Towels
Pillows
Blankets
Sleeping Bag

Team Stuff
Water Coolers -
Extra Water - Self explanatory.
Tarps
Trash Bags - Let's keep this place clean...it'd be nice if we make a good impression so maybe we can play there again in the future.

Bstann
01-22-2007, 09:08 AM
I also recomend having a Scout that can give proper directions to the Taco Bell. :)

Village
01-22-2007, 10:34 AM
The reason I mention the hopup bucking is because at least twice when I ran a cleaning rod down my barrel I accidentally pushed it past the hopup protrusion. This caused the bucking to slide off the barrel and into the breech. I can imagine if you had an old or stock bucking it might not be recoverable after the stretching, so I just suggest carrying a spare. Just think of what an Achilles heel that little tube of rubber can be!

AustinWolv
01-22-2007, 10:44 AM
Hint: Turn off hopup before cleaning barrel. ;)
Hint2: If unable to recover the hop packing (the little rubber cylinder), cut off a short section from the plastic tube of a nearby pen.

HammerHead
01-22-2007, 05:57 PM
Hint: Turn off hopup before cleaning barrel. ;)
Hint2: If unable to recover the hop packing (the little rubber cylinder), cut off a short section from the plastic tube of a nearby pen.

re: Hint 1: RTFM... it's in there Village ;)

re: Hint 2: I threw a couple of old Bic pens in my rifle case for that very contingency. There's a reason I call the packing a "@)(%*^)(#*&)(*Y&)#(%*&#)$#".

Mad Irishman
01-22-2007, 07:17 PM
I usually bring an ice chest to keep my food/snacks/sports drinks in. I sometimes bring a pop-up canopy depending on the weather. Tools have been mentioned a few times, specifically a multi-tool is what I keep on my rig. Bring cash to the AO, not just for the trip. You may need to buy gear or BBs from a player or vendor. An battery powered "chem" light is something that cost about the same a regular one but obviously last longer. Remember that even though these list are extremely long the item can be split up among team mates.

Something I forgot: I also bring a camera!

Village
02-11-2007, 09:05 PM
Here's something to help those of us that are new to the Fort Wolters military reservation:

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=32.854913~-98.004577&style=h&lvl=17&tilt=-45&dir=0.676915607883909&alt=1268.64544264693

It's a 3D map of the AO, with the capability to zoom and pan around the elevations offered. You'll have to install the Microsoft Live Maps ActiveX control if it's not already installed.

Village
03-12-2007, 12:16 PM
I found two items in my rig indispensable over the weekend.

First, as recommended by HammerHead I picked up a Leatherman Micra multitool. This tool proved invaluable for pulling out cactus needles with its sturdy tweezers, and its main pair of scissors worked great for opening MRE packages and other packaged snacks.

Second, I was very pleased with Shot Blok energy snacks made by Cliff Bar: http://www.clifbar.com/eat/shot_blok.cfm?location=shot

Each small package packs 200 calories and the cubes do not melt in the heat, unlike Powerbars or chocolate based snacks. They provide an instant boost of energy and are easy to eat without having to wash down with water.

sidewinder
01-04-2008, 12:34 AM
Has anyone gotten any new information about the magazine situation for NSIII. College has taken all my money for the time being so I'm stuck with a few hi caps. I know in the past they usually only allow low-mid caps. But as previously mentioned...... Im stuck, Soooooo... ya. :hammer:

I'd like to get this little snafu cleared but before I start making any serious plans to attend.

AustinWolv
01-04-2008, 01:09 AM
Has anyone gotten any new information about the magazine situation for NSIII.
NSIII will not allow high-caps for riflemen. Mid-caps and below are required for riflemen.

We might be able to help you out.