PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane kit - battery help

Synyster06Gates
01-14-2007, 08:04 PM
So I want to upgrade everything in my AK Beta besides gears. I was looking at the Systema Hurricane kit because it has everything in it and would save me alot of money. If I used the M120 spring, would I need to get a 9.6v battery, or what? If I left the spring out, would I still gain FPS or what would happen? Explain please :-D

AustinWolv
01-14-2007, 08:09 PM
Systema Hurricane kit
??
Systema is one brand. HurricanE is another.

If I used the M120 spring, would I need to get a 9.6v battery, or what?
If your 8.4v pack is of small capacity, like less than 1400mAh, yes. If you have something like a 8.4v, 2000mAh pack or larger capacity, the 8.4v will be fine.

If I left the spring out, would I still gain FPS or what would happen?
You might gain a bit due to some slight improvements in air seal from the parts, but not much, and not enough to cover what you are probably seeking. The spring strength is what drives the muzzle velocity.

You really need to read through this: http://www.lonestarairsoft.com/forums/faq.php?faq=upgrade

Synyster06Gates
01-14-2007, 08:19 PM
Oh really? Hmmm On Airsoft Atlanta, I could have swore I read Systema Hurricane kit haha. Wolv. if you dont mind, would you speak to me on AIM, so that I dont have to make posts like this?

AustinWolv
01-14-2007, 08:59 PM
Systema and HurricanE each make their own full tune-up kits. HurricanE kits are said to be rather low-quality, although I cannot say by personal inspection since I have not spent the money on one based on those Internet reviews.

Threads like this are fine, no worries. It gives reading material to others who could be seeking similar answers, but if you have questions, I usually leave AIM up. However, I may not always be there to answer right away.

Marimba
01-14-2007, 10:09 PM
I have had some experience with Hurricane FTKs. Don't. They suck.

It's more expensive, but the Prometheus kit is much higher quality. Get it instead.

Synyster06Gates
01-15-2007, 09:28 AM
To Wolv. Yes, I have added you but your usually away. Thats fine about not answering quickly.

Marimba- Where could I find a Prometheus kit? Ive checked AirsoftGI and Atlanta. Any help?

AustinWolv
01-15-2007, 09:39 AM
Synyster, did you try Google?

Prometheus does not sell FTKs, but they do sell partial kits. Example: http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?itm=PM-PT-TGFSV3_cat_Prometheus%20Parts

You would have to part together everything.
http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?cat=Prometheus%20Parts

Synyster06Gates
01-15-2007, 09:44 AM
Damn, thats expensive. I have to buy a battery and a charger also, so parts need to be under $100. Would getting a new cylinder head (Guarder Double-O Ring), and air nozzle do anything? I would probably get a poly carb piston / piston head too.

EDIT: Probably a PDI 120% or around there too.

AustinWolv
01-15-2007, 09:56 AM
Yes, the Guarder cylinder head is a good part. Grab the nozzle, as well as a Prometheus hopup bucking (the purple soft one), and you'll see better air seal. For the time being, you can stick with the stock piston and throw on a piston head of your choosing (Guarder, Prometheus, and Systeam aluminum are all good).

What is your actual goal (what you want your gun to do)?

Synyster06Gates
01-15-2007, 10:03 AM
Any idea why AirsoftGI doesnt have the guarder AK nozzle? I have no idea how to do anything with the hop up. Air seal, what do you mean by that? And finally, with the piston head and stock piston, there wont be a leak anywhwre? and I should get polycarb right?

AustinWolv
01-15-2007, 10:08 AM
No, I don't keep tabs on AirsoftGI inventory.

Air seal - ensuring there are not leaks in the system

The piston and pistonhead relationship has nothing to do with each other in regards to leaks. The pistonhead o-ring and cylinder have that relationship.

Polycarb or aluminum pistonhead will both be fine.

Again, you need to read through the FAQ that I linked earlier to learn what the mechbox parts do.

Synyster06Gates
01-15-2007, 10:24 AM
So, I tihnk I will wind up with this

-PDI 150% Spring
-Guarder Version III Cylinder Head
-Area 1000 Bushings and shims
-Systema Sealed AK Nozzle
- maybe a piston head

Village
01-15-2007, 12:28 PM
I am curious, what do you stand to gain by installing all those parts in your gun? I can understand why you'd pair metal bushings with the upgraded spring, but what are the other parts for?

Marimba
01-15-2007, 04:49 PM
I know...He's planning on installing those parts into the JG AK Beita clone.

Good luck with that.

I dunno, but it seems kind of silly to install a bunch of upgrade parts into a gun that only cost $100 in the first place. I would take the time to save up some money and learn to play airsoft with the rifle you have currently, then use my money and experience to procure a weapon that would be higher quality in the first place.

I would bet you will end up being happier in the end.

HammerHead
01-15-2007, 05:21 PM
But, Mari, that's entirely counterintuitive to the modern philosophy of "instant gratification".

Dark Paladin
01-15-2007, 05:46 PM
Want instant gratification? I've got some ricer stickers you can put on your AEG. This one says "Wind" in chinese. . . it will add 50fps to your AEG. . . this one says "Power". . . it will add 150rds to your magazine capacity. . .

Honestly, Marimba's right. Play for a bit, then decide which role you are most comfortable with before deciding on what AEG to get. An AEG is a tool. And a tool is only as effective in the hand of the user.

Marimba
01-15-2007, 07:39 PM
Can I get one of those stickers from you?

PITT
01-15-2007, 10:32 PM
Yeah get him one of those stickers, Ive always wondered what "hobbit" would look like in Chinese. Speaking of "wind" and "power" Think you could spare one of those for HH, we all know he has plenty of wind power.