PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice

Bansheeman6100
12-15-2006, 09:16 AM
OK, so ive got about 80$ to spend on my gun. I have a couple ideas, but want some in-put. The first idea is to buy a Hurricane FTK, said I'll get 400-420 FPS, just what im looking for:65$.... Or, just a spring and a cheap red-dot, like 30-40$ on the red-dot. so, if i do get one in that price range, what are some good red-dote for under 40$? And is the Guarder ACOG red-dot alot better than other types, aor am I paying 80$ for the look? Thanks in advance guys.

Marimba
12-15-2006, 09:35 AM
Please, don't get a Hurricane FTK. The one I have had experience with was very poor quality. Buy yourself a good Hop-up bucking for $5. Leave your gun alone for a while and get a feel for things before you go opening up your weapon. To me it always seems like new players are overly interested in upgrading their guns, usually resulting in new guns that no longer function. Buy your self a red-dot sight...whichever one you like the looks of. They all function in the same way.

Bansheeman6100
12-15-2006, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the help man. I'll prolly end up getting the Guarder red-dot. Ok, so how far will my gun shoot accurately? I havent had the chance to get any further then about 15ft

AustinWolv
12-15-2006, 02:20 PM
120-150feet will be roughly your maximum effective range with a stock gun.

All American
12-16-2006, 01:20 AM
Well I just ordered a NCStar 1x30 Aimpoint style scope from Kapowwe. Its $30. Here's the Link http://www.kapowwe.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ncstar-dp130-scope&Category_Code=airsoft_accessories_scopes

Cookerman
12-16-2006, 10:18 AM
Marimba is right. Just stick with using your stock gun for now, and then when you feel you are ready to take the next step, then you can upgrade :p

When I bought my TM MP5-J I wanted to upgrade everything in it. But money was a major issue, so I had to leave it alone. After a while I decided that I didn't need upgrades and that I was doing just fine with my stock gun. I used it stock for about eight months before the gears finally stripped on me. So I had no choice but to repair or upgrade the gun.

My biggest mistake when upgrading, was I installed an M120 spring, and a High Speed gear set. . .

The gun was malfunctioning at least twice a month, and I didn't have the money to buy a new gear set for it.

So in the end I just kept it the way it was, and let it limp along. It still works, but I feel that it was more useful stock than upgraded.

But to make a long story short, just keep your gun stock for now.

xDieter736x
12-16-2006, 11:47 PM
Boy, do I know the plights of being eager to upgrade an AEG. When I first got my SR-16, it had been upgraded with only an M120, and that surely ruined my experiences airsofting several times. I have dumped at least $800 into the gun including the price. Eventually, I decided to get a TM AK, but now, I have my SR fully repaired, but not without lots of trouble and cash. I strongly suggest you leave it stock, with the exception of upgrading the hop-up bucking, especially if you have a Classic Army, and another good upgrade is a tight bore inner barrel, total cost, including the installation (at Kapowwe) would come to around $80, depending on the charge for labor. Also, only get a red dot sight if you play CQB or at night, but these decisions are up to you :) .

AustinWolv
12-16-2006, 11:51 PM
with the exception of upgrading the hop-up bucking, especially if you have a Classic Army, and another good upgrade is a tight bore inner barrel, total cost, including the installation (at Kapowwe) would come to around $80, depending on the charge for labor. A hopup bucking and tightbore barrel, plus labor, came to $80. What brand of inner barrel?
That sounds rather pricey. Proof positive of why it benefits people to learn to do their own work.

Also, only get a red dot sight if you play CQB or at night, but these decisions are up to you Good thing, because that is definitely one opinion skewed to one side of the spectrum. Considering the short ranges that airsoft replicas are used in, reddot sights are useful in all skirmish conditions. Some people may like them and some may not, but that is personal preference moreso than performance or situational limitations of the hardware.

xDieter736x
12-17-2006, 12:04 AM
In regards to the prices, I know that (Kapowwe prices), $40 for a Madbull tightbore, and about $5 for hop-up bucking, and their standard repair/upgrade rate is $40+. But, for a simple upgrade, I can only hope that's it's cheaper. About the red dot, AustinWolv is correct, my brain is still broken from finals :p.

AustinWolv
12-17-2006, 01:35 AM
$40 for a Madbull tightbore, and about $5 for hop-up bucking, and their standard repair/upgrade rate is $40+
Wow, $40 just to replace a barrel and bucking???
I think they refer to that as rape in some counties, unless you are talking about full mechbox work. Otherwise, it takes all of 15 minutes to change out a bucking and barrel in M16 series replicas, give or take time for other types of replicas.

Grant
12-17-2006, 02:35 PM
Or you could just save the labor + shipping costs and do it yourself.
Just be careful and pay attention to what you are doing.
I took the hopup of my first AEG apart the first day I had it, and I was able to put it back together fine.

What kind of gun you do have Bansheeman? (Brand + Model)

Bansheeman6100
01-03-2007, 06:29 PM
Its a CA M15A4 Tactical Carbine.