PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed With Crane Stock!

Bansheeman6100
12-14-2006, 08:54 AM
OL, I just got my CA M15A4(solid stock) and Crane stock, and need some help. First off, the Crane Stock came with NO installation instructions, so, if somebody could give me a walkthough, that would be awesome. Cause, i only have a Crane bettery, and i wanna shoot this damn thing! Thanks in advance guya! Oh, will there be drilling? And if so, what size bits?

Marimba
12-14-2006, 09:01 AM
Did you get a CA crane stock seperately, or did you buy CA CQB-R? I have put a few on, and it did not require drilling or cutting. If you have a full-stock weapon, you will need to shorten the battery wire. Give me more info about your set up, and I can give you more help.

Bansheeman6100
12-14-2006, 06:35 PM
Yes, its a CA crane stock I bought seperately. And it looks like i have to drill to hide the wires, and to fit that piece of metal that goes between the gun and buffer tube. i need help, im trying to do it tonight!

Village
12-14-2006, 06:50 PM
Did your crane stock come with the plate that covers the receiver's opening? That's odd that CA didn't pre-cut the wiring slot like they did with my CQB. At any rate, you'll need to cut the groove in the bottom of the ring opening for your wiring. I had to do this to an aftermarket sling mount for my CQB. Simply tap and drill a 1/4in or so hole and then make two hacksaw cuts to open up the hole as a channel for the wiring.

Edit: see attached.

Bansheeman6100
12-14-2006, 07:30 PM
It did have that slot, but the wire needs to be in the buffer tube to plug into the battery. And I coulnt get the connector thru the slot anyways.... Maybe somebody can install it at the gam this week. Just tell me when to be there.

Marimba
12-14-2006, 10:52 PM
Don't mess with it, and I'll help you on Sunday.

Bansheeman6100
12-15-2006, 08:59 AM
Thanks man! I nearly ripped my hair out last night messin with the damn thing. so, when should i be there? I mean, should i be there early?

AustinWolv
12-15-2006, 02:17 PM
Banshee, is it that hard to use the shift key in order to type "I" instead of "i" or to start off the beginning of a sentence correctly?