PDA

View Full Version : Which Rifle?

maxerbater
12-06-2006, 02:17 AM
I am currently on the fence now on which rifle to go with the UTG M324SD pro sniper or the UHC super X9 you guys think you could help me out?
Ive heard the x9 is a little stronger but ive never even fired one so i need a little help thanks alot.

miguel
12-06-2006, 02:56 AM
neigther
Get the HFC USR 11 if you want to stick with a low budget sniper rifle. There is no point in getting into airsoft with a sniper rifle that isn't upgradeable. Even if you don't plan on upgrading now, chances are you will want to in the future.

There are rumours that UTG will be releasing upgrade cylinders for the UTG M324 but as of now nothing has been done. It may be an APS2 look alike but it wont accept aftermarket parts.

The super 9 is just worthless because of low velocity and no upgradeability without custom machined parts.

The HFC USR 11 is an exact replica of the proven Tokyo Marui VSR 10. To my knowledge the USR 11 will accept all of the VSR 10 aftermarket parts with the exception of the zero trigger. Although I havent been to a skirmish for a while I was able to compete on a regular basis with my heavily upgraded USR 11 over a six month span of time.

I would stick with AEG's rather than getting a sniper rifle because the needs for a sniper role in airsoft are limited. If you are sure you want a sniper rifle be sure to get a reliable sidearm.

maxerbater
12-06-2006, 02:51 PM
Do you know who sells that rifle?
i have a glock 18 gbb with the full auto and double stack its saved my butt on a few occasions.
what upgrades did you do to yours?
thanks for the info

Bear
12-06-2006, 03:49 PM
Max, capitalization and punctuation please.

maxerbater
12-06-2006, 04:54 PM
Ha Ha Ha.... Sorry

maxerbater
12-06-2006, 05:00 PM
What do you guys think about the KJW M700? i found it for just a little more. Or the MK2 non blow back. Thanks for the info.

Marimba
12-06-2006, 06:43 PM
PM me if you want one for a low cost.

miguel
12-06-2006, 09:31 PM
HFC USR 11
http://airsoftatlanta.com/rifle.htm
http://www.kastwayairsoft.com/hfc-vsr-10-airsoft-sniper-rifle-sr-231.html
My upgrades
Laylax: piston, spring guide, 150 spring
Deepfire steel sear assembly
Gspec hop up
Brass tightbore barrel
http://www.airsoftretreat.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=5738&cat=602

maxerbater
12-07-2006, 08:17 PM
What fps is this gun firing at Meguil? Also how much did it cost you?
Im thinking it might be a good idea just to buy the mauri vs10 and spend the extra cash.
but I need help with this one thanks alot.

miguel
12-07-2006, 08:26 PM
Its hard to estimate the cost because I was buying upgrades one at a time as I got money. But it is definitley the cheapest way to get into sniping. My gun was originally firing close to 450 fps but the fps had begun to drop due to wear on the spring(several thousand rounds). I plan on replacing the spring before playing again.
If you choose to get a Marui, that would be the recomended route by most people but I believe that a USR 11 is just as good. Bear in mind I have no experience with a Marui
If you get the HFC USR 11 you save at least $100 bucks to go towards upgrades.

maxerbater
12-08-2006, 12:59 PM
Ok then is there anyone on here with a VS10 that has upgraded or not upgraded, how has it work how good is the distance, is it relliable, and what little tweaks do it really have that would be greatly apprecated thanks.
I think I wann go with the marui just because I think it can be trusted a little better than a replica.

AustinWolv
12-08-2006, 01:54 PM
max, run a search for "VSR10". laphta and spazzy troy have them, and both have used them quite a bit.

Also, please remember to keep grammer and such as clean as possible per site rule #18.

maxerbater
12-08-2006, 06:43 PM
Im sorry when I posted that I was really tired hahahaha I should have double checked it.....lol:doh:

maxerbater
12-10-2006, 11:00 PM
Ok guys I found the solution for all my problems I just bought a PSG1 thats frikin sweet.....
Thank you Chris and the owner.

Marimba
12-11-2006, 08:26 AM
No problem, sorry for arriving late.