PDA

View Full Version : Poor mans patch job.

Soria
10-13-2006, 01:25 AM
Hey guys. Tonight I was bored and thought my current BDUs could use some custom stuff on them. We were never issued name patches for our BDUs so I thought well, I can make one. So I cut some 4 to 5 inch straps off a beaten up Army issue back pack. Vietnam era I believe. Cost me like 5 dollars from an old man. Anyways I cut the straps but wasn't happy with the frayed ends so i took a lighter to them and that took care of that. I penciled out my name SORIA on there using a ruler to get it as centered as possible. Now they would have come out much better if I had stencils and spray paint but I didn't and ended up finishing it in sharpie. Now I know that it's not the BEST looking patch, but it looks ok from a distance. I ended up just super gluing it to my BDUs. I have 3 sets so if I decide I dont want my patches on there....I'm screwed. Ha. Anyways. Being I was in the Air Force ROTC at DVHS I made an Air Force patch as well. Also put a patch on the shoulder. Now I know that they are colorful patches but I like my BDUs for now, and me being a newb, I think I have a pretty spiffy blouse.

Soria
10-13-2006, 01:39 AM
I just found an Air Force Patch in my footlocker. Replaced my patch with no injury to the BDU blouse.

IMIRanger
10-13-2006, 03:46 AM
Hahah, thats cool man!!

the hunter
10-13-2006, 10:33 PM
Improvise and overcome.