PDA

View Full Version : Tracer magazine DIY

AustinWolv
10-11-2006, 06:32 PM
http://www.imakeprojects.com/projects/tracer-magazine/

Village
10-11-2006, 10:36 PM
Good find Wolv!

I was in the process of designing such a device that would fit inside an AEG and illuminate the BBs directly in the breech of the hopup assembly as they passed into the barrel, but got discouraged when I learned that G&P's magazine design "soaked" the entire stack of BBs with UV light. It was then my thinking, without actually testing, that the G&P designers knew UV light wouldn't offer enough charge in the split-second exposure of the BB passing the LED, and so they opted to saturate the whole magazine ahead of time. Well, obviously the YouTube video proves that even brief white light LED exposure can accomplish this. I'll try to find some time to get back on this project, but in the mean time, I have 100 extra bright 3mm UV LEDs and wouldn't mind sparing a few if anyone wants to take on this project.

AustinWolv
10-11-2006, 11:01 PM
Personally, Village, I like your strategy better.

It would be tedious, in my opinion, to outfit a loadout of mags with that project, as well as having to buy all those cells to make it happen, which is pretty much my opinion on buying all the G&P mags as well.

However, it was a nifty link and project, and with trigger control, one could get away with just a couple mags rigged like that I suppose.