PDA

View Full Version : Austin Weekly Skirmish: TXPB

AustinWolv
10-08-2006, 01:54 AM
Show up at noon; skirmishing starts at 1pm.

Feel free to suggest and/or lead scenarios.

AustinWolv
10-08-2006, 01:57 AM
I will likely be attending.

Dark Paladin
10-08-2006, 02:13 AM
Will try to be there. 50% chance of being out of town though.

Dirus
10-08-2006, 04:12 AM
Should be there.

Smokeater
10-08-2006, 01:04 PM
i thought it was a hunters weekend.

HammerHead
10-08-2006, 01:12 PM
Hunter's is currently off limits:

http://www.lonestarairsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?p=49003#post49003

Jono
10-08-2006, 06:11 PM
I will be there.

IMIRanger
10-08-2006, 07:41 PM
I will most likely be playing.

CALI
10-09-2006, 08:10 AM
See you there...

Trench_raider
10-09-2006, 08:06 PM
I'll be there.
The following weekend is a WW2 event, so I might wear that kit to get used to it/break it in. (I have not worn that uniform in the field in literally a decade, so I need to see how I handle the rather heavy loadout) I'll refrain from wearing anything with an overt swastika, sig runes, other iconography that might offend someone or otherwise bring disrepute upon the hobby.

Want to lend me your MP44 to complete the look, Wolv? ;-)

"Trench Raider"

tino78613
10-09-2006, 08:20 PM
where is the meeting place?

IMIRanger
10-09-2006, 08:33 PM
You should probably read the thread before you post in it. If you don't know what "TXPB" means then here you go. Texas Paintball is where we will be meeting every Sunday due to our other field, Hunters, being off limits.

All American
10-09-2006, 09:25 PM
Hey the fifteenth is my birthday, I don't know if I'll make it but I'll try.

AustinWolv
10-09-2006, 09:29 PM
Hey the 15th is my birthday, i don't know if ill make it but ill try.
Please try to review site rule#18. Thanks for your cooperation.

All American
10-11-2006, 10:29 AM
What are you talking about? I am using proper English.

AustinWolv
10-11-2006, 10:36 AM
Hey the 15th is my birthday, i don't know if ill make it but ill try.

Hey, the 15th is my birthday. I don't know if I'll make it, but I'll try.
-or-
Hey, the 15th is my birthday; I don't know if I'll make it, but I'll try.

"I'll" does not mean the same thing as "ill". Commas anad other forms of punctuation are your friend.

There you go. Read the rule again, as things such as using capital letters are requested. The reason it was pointed out was so that it does not become a habit and lead others to turning this forum into ASR. You'll note that everyone here, when noticed, gets the same reminder. Consider it preventative maintenance, not an indictment.

Soria
10-11-2006, 11:07 AM
I will do my best to show up. I'd like to see what I can expect from these weekly games. Also Wolv....don't you think you might be a little gung-ho about that rule? Not to be disrespectful but I see it all over the forums and while some of us may be better educated then others, I don't see how it can be so important to be 100% all the time in a forum. I understand that yes, it can be annoying if everyone is talking like "lolz,did u c," ect... Going as far as saying that every single comma counts? It's a forum, not a spelling bee. Other then that, I enjoy this site alot though.

HammerHead
10-11-2006, 11:21 AM
Rule #18 is there for a reason. It has been enforced to the best of our ability for years. It has been questioned just as long. No, we will not relent in our diligence or resolve to maintain a clear, concise and meaningful forum. That is the directive of the site owner. Until he instructs us to do otherwise, you may expect to see future corrections.

The matter of discussing rule #18 is off topic and shall not be discussed further, in this thread. If you care to dispute the enforcement of the rule, you are free to contact me via the forum's private message system.

Bear
10-11-2006, 11:26 AM
Read the rules and abide by them. If the rules are broken, it's the job of forum moderators and administrators to enforce the rules, though we can't be around all the time. We have high standards here so that this forum doesn't degenerate into something akin to ASR or other such sites. End of discussion. (ETA: HH beat me to it.)

As for this weekend, I may be there for a bit to show Marimba a vest and peddle my meager wares.:D

AustinWolv
10-11-2006, 11:45 AM
I don't see how it can be so important to be 100% all the time in a forum. The rule and enforcement thereof does not call for 100% compliance for 100% of the time. Anyone who spends some time around here will see that, as a good try at doing it correctly shows intent to comply with the rule versus it needing to be perfect.

However, typing "ill" instead of "I'll" is just laziness, which is what is avoided by the rule's intent. Failure to bother using a capital letter, which is one of most basic of grade school activities, is laziness.

Missing a comma here and there is not going to break anyone's back around here. Being lazy however is a sign of disrespect for the rules, and on top of that, when someone questions the rule or enforcement of, then the staff will point out the rest of the mistakes in their post to drive the point home. That is when a comma will be pointed out.

All of the rules exist for a reason, which is to make the site better and easily accessible by all types of people.

Anyway, back to the weekly skirmish, which is more fun. :)

Mad Irishman
10-11-2006, 01:02 PM
It looks like my plans cleared up and I'll be able to attend. Hopefully I'll be able to work out any bugs in the loadout before Bulldog.

Soria
10-11-2006, 01:19 PM
Cool. I still want to go to this. Sorry about the dispute too. I saw another forum and I completely understand your position on this. ANYWAYS. Yup. I plan on going to see how this goes on. Do you think I could get in for free as an observer? They used to let us do that down at Constant Action paintball when I played that. Speaking of, I know this is off topic but CA paintball shut down a while back and there is something going on with the fields. I believe a pro team bought the property to practice. I can see if I can talk to them if you all would like. Maybe they would let us play down there. Its very nice place. They have Urban fields, standard speedball fields and a few woods ball fields. About oh 50 acres or so. What do you all think? Should I try and talk to them?

AustinWolv
10-11-2006, 01:22 PM
Do you think I could get in for free as an observer? Yes.

What do you all think? Should I try and talk to them? It is probably better to start up a dedicated thread about things like that versus having the info buried in this thread. I'm not familiar with the property, but I know some forum members had some information on it at one point.

aznjedi
10-11-2006, 05:23 PM
Hey guys, I have a bunch of shoots this weekend, but I will try to make it. If I do I'll bring a friend.

All American
10-11-2006, 08:04 PM
Wow, they sure did chew you out. I'm right there with you Soria.

AustinWolv
10-11-2006, 08:15 PM
Wow, they sure did chew you out. I'm right there with you Soria. Seriously, if you consider that being chewed out, which it was clearly an explanation of site policy and conduct and was not derogatory in the least, then you're going to struggle later in life when people actually get on your case for something.

To Soria's credit, he got the point and took the time to understand the intent.

Dark Paladin
10-11-2006, 08:23 PM
Hey guys, I have a bunch of shoots this weekend, but I will try to make it. If I do I'll bring a friend.

What kind of shoots? Photo shoots?

All American
10-11-2006, 08:29 PM
Never Mind, I am not going to argue.

AustinWolv
10-11-2006, 08:55 PM
All-American:
1. We didn't ask your opinion.
2. You are wrong based on this quote:

you all are making a big deal out of one little comma You need to slow down and learn to read before responding. The reason the comma was brought up was because you decided to not think about your post asking "What are you talking about? I am using proper English."
Instead of learning and thinking about the site rule, along with the request made, you decided to retort in acting like there were no mistakes.
If you had read further, you would have seen:

The rule and enforcement thereof does not call for 100% compliance for 100% of the time. Anyone who spends some time around here will see that, as a good try at doing it correctly shows intent to comply with the rule versus it needing to be perfect.

However, typing "ill" instead of "I'll" is just laziness, which is what is avoided by the rule's intent. Failure to bother using a capital letter, which is one of most basic of grade school activities, is laziness.

Missing a comma here and there is not going to break anyone's back around here. Being lazy however is a sign of disrespect for the rules, and on top of that, when someone questions the rule or enforcement of, then the staff will point out the rest of the mistakes in their post to drive the point home. That is when a comma will be pointed out.

All of the rules exist for a reason, which is to make the site better and easily accessible by all types of people.
4. You need to review site rule 21 and 22.
5. Again, Soria got the point and seemed to understand the intent instead of throwing a tantrum about it.
6. Soria was not chewed out. The site policy was explained to him, and nobody talked down to him.
7. Quit making an issue out of something that is over and done. It is not a big deal to adhere to the site rules that you agreed to when you registered, so let it go. It is a simple site rule to maintain the integrity and usefulness of this site.

just would you guys let up some on the rule #18 thing You do not make the rules around here. Period.
Were not all experts here. Have you taken basic English in your schooling? Does your teacher let you write "ill" instead of "I'll" on your work? Will your future potential employer not think anything wrong with improper grammar and punctuation on your cover letter or resume?
http://www.jobweb.com/resources/Library/Interviews__Resumes/Typos__Grammati_270_1.htm
In other words, quit making excuses.

Let me spell it out simply for you: Effort is what the site looks for, not perfection. "ill" is not effort. We've had visitors from other countries do a better job at typing in English here for that matter, but if they don't, we don't blast them because they are showing effort.

Again, the staff here will let little typos, such as you typing "Were" instead of "We're" skate from time to time, because they are simply mistakes, albeit obvious ones. However, we will adhere to site rules and enforce them at our discretion so that little mistakes do not become commonplace and turn the site into a wreck to read like ASR, for example. Usually people only need one or two reminders before understanding it and actually starting to appreciate it, so hopefully you'll see that we don't do it for fun and that the enforcement is to maintain the site at a high level.
If you do not agree with that, that is your right personally, but not your right to flaunt the rules while here.

This is the last word on the subject. If further discussion is needed or desired, take it to PM.

Soria
10-11-2006, 10:09 PM
Didn't mean to stir up a hornet nest. Sorry about all that. I plan on coming and bringing my father this weekend as he seems to think that an airsoft gun cannot shoot farther then 20 feet. Let's show him how fun it really is, ok guys? See you all then.

All American
10-11-2006, 10:49 PM
No Soria, it's not your fault, it's mine. I should of stopped running my mouth.

All American
10-11-2006, 10:52 PM
Would you think it will be alright to wear ACU at TXPB?

Dark Paladin
10-11-2006, 10:54 PM
ACU should be fine. We have a plethora of different camo styles, and we have had ACU in the mix before.

Soria
10-11-2006, 11:02 PM
Well.The thing about me is that I am not too well financed if you know what I mean. All I have is a pair of standard BDUs that were issued me in ROTC that they said I could have. What about a patrol cap? Is that ok or do I have to wear a boonie?

All American
10-11-2006, 11:12 PM
All I have is BDU's to but looking into getting ACU or MULTICAM. I would rather a bonnie than patrol cap.

HammerHead
10-11-2006, 11:12 PM
There are no uniform regulations at weekly skirmishes.

Whiskey Company, for example, frequently mixes and matches its Woodland/Desert DPMs. We hardly wear regulation British headgear. You may see some of us in Brit boonies, on occassion, but it isn't the norm. Some of us wear only DPM or Bekkas trousers with a tshirt. A week ago, I wore 5.11 Derert Digital Tactical pants, a black tshirt and an OD WC ball cap.

Camoflage isn't a requirement. It has its benefits, though. Wear what you're comfortable with. But remember that you will be expected to have proper footwear, hydration and adequate eye protection.

Dark Paladin
10-11-2006, 11:14 PM
Alot of these basic questions can be answered in the Airsoft Primer for the beginners. This specific post should address all your questions regarding clothing:

http://www.lonestarairsoft.com/forums/showpost.php?p=42502&postcount=2

Soria
10-11-2006, 11:24 PM
Ha ha. I just found them right before I came back to look at this. Thanks though man.

Village
10-12-2006, 01:45 AM
I intend to be there to test my kit for Bulldog.

necroticism
10-12-2006, 01:56 AM
I'll be there with a buddy of mine from Florida.

aznjedi
10-12-2006, 09:16 PM
What kind of shoots? Photo shoots?

Hey Dark Paladin, I'm a film major at UT and it just so happens lately that every "Hunters" weekend has coincided with weekends where I have to shoot my projects or crew on others' shoots. We're shooting on actual 16mm reversal film which takes a helluva long time to set up for each shot.. So provided if nothing goes terribly wrong I should be able to make it. :)

Soria
10-14-2006, 02:27 AM
Hey. Y'all give my dad a break tommorow....he's got a surplus mindset from the cold war. Issued 1952. He actually seems kinda hyped about going to observe.

All American
10-14-2006, 10:55 PM
Well I'll be there tomorrow. Hope to see you all.

IMIRanger
10-15-2006, 12:43 AM
Could anyone bring an extra gun tomorrow?? My gun went down so I won't be able to play unless I can borrow from someone. Thanks if anyone can do it! See you all tomorrow!

AustinWolv
10-15-2006, 11:53 AM
Won't be making it. Sorry about not being able to bring the A&K M4, Soria.

Katana
10-15-2006, 12:01 PM
I'm out for this skirmish as well. I was hoping to shake down the Bulldog kit since I pretty much have to equip completely opposite from how I was fitted out for Irene, but it isn't gonna happen. For people that were getting stuff from me, contact me and I'll make alternate arrangements.

Soria
10-15-2006, 08:01 PM
It's ok wolv. I went and someone had an A&K. Watched two games. Had fun doing that. Then I got to play with a
TM Beita. Got two kills my first game! Then was taken out the next. Had some fun, got my dad really interested in airsoft which was great. I attribute most of the credit there to Cali who let my dad shoot his PSG-1 and talked to him about airsoft. So for everyone who was out there, thanks for gettin my dad interested in it. He already knows what he wants. A CA M4 carbine.

IMIRanger
10-15-2006, 08:17 PM
Good shooting out there fellas! Thank you Cali for giving me your SR16!!! What a generous gift!! I think I am in need of some good sleep because we all ran a lot today! Last two games turned out to be a big stalking game. Thanks for shooting me in the head Jim!! I got my revenge with your bro!!! BOOM HEADSHOT!

All American
10-15-2006, 09:36 PM
Well I got shot in the left cheek, throat, and right side of the head. So what I had a great time. Hope to see all you guys next time.

LaPHtA
10-16-2006, 12:09 AM
Careful with all them head-shots folks. Broken toofuses and such are NOT a fun feature of Airsofting. Keep them shots chest down unless absolutley necessary (snipers in prone...trust me...I know) or by accident of course.

Mad Irishman
10-16-2006, 08:37 AM
Well, being the only insurgent, I stood out a little. :p I found out a few things to tweak on the load out. Big thanks go out to IMI who showed me how slow I can run. Did you guys get drenched after I left? It was raining hard at 1431 and 183 forcing people had to pull over.

IMIRanger
10-16-2006, 09:43 AM
It did not make it to us! We didn't get more than a little mist earlier in the day.

MeanGreen7
10-16-2006, 11:10 AM
Sunday was freak'n very cool. Thanks to all who came out, it was truley a great airsofting day.....:D

P.S. I definetly agree with LaPHta on the no face shots...:(

MeanGreen7
10-16-2006, 11:22 AM
Well I got shot in the left cheek, throat, and right side of the head. So what I had a great time. Hope to see all you guys next time.

Although it being one of your first skirmishes, it's understandable. In the future though just as a suggestion, it would be good to not to stand up and just wonder aimlessly. Also as just a suggestion, it would be to your advantage or better your odds of not getting shot right away to communicate and listen to who ever is the Team Lead of the group your skirmishing with before executing any ideas that you are thinking of doing. One more helpful friendly suggestion try and find yourself a good radio that is compatible to the rest of the group so you will not be clueless as to the action taking place. You can get an inexspensive Motorola at Sportman Wharehouse, Academy, Cabelas or anyother sporting goods store of these types. These are all just friendly suggestions to help you in your airsofting skirmishing and will make it more interesting and maybe less painful. :D

All American
10-16-2006, 09:49 PM
Well I just got a radio sunday after the game, so now I have one to use.

necroticism
10-17-2006, 03:42 AM
Awesome. Good comms is essential to teamwork which is essential to victory, as all the ODG guys and everyone else on my team demonstrated the first few games on the 15th! Man, that truly was a lot of fun, the sort of thing that really makes the sport great.

Soria
10-17-2006, 04:59 AM
Picking up a radio from my dad's this week. I'm going to buy me a temporary mic from say Walmart until I can scrounge up some money for a better headset.