PDA

View Full Version : problems with hfc usr-11

cmoney369
10-02-2006, 03:58 PM
i have a hfc usr-11 that i had upgraded with a 120 spring, tightbore,cylinder head, high pressure piston with silent shaft and spring guide. now to the problem with the gun it only shoots MAYBE 90 feet then drops to the ground im not sure what might be wrong with it, im thinking that it might be the hop up because when i move it up it doesnt affect the range the bb goes. so if anyone knows what might be wrong with it plz help thanx

shakman
10-02-2006, 04:05 PM
Welcome to LSA.

Please make sure you read the site rules and pay particular attention to #18. We don't mean to call anyone out, but we are trying to keep the site neat and easy to read. Punctuation and proper capitalization are good things.

Now, back to your question. I personally have no experience with that rifle, but it does sound like a hopup problem. First thing to check is to make sure the bucking is still in good shape (no tears, it's on straight, etc.) The next thing to check is the nub that goes between the bucking and the hopup arm. It's an itty bitty part that's easilly lost. If it did in fact drop out without you knowing it, then the gun will exhibit the symptoms you describe.

Hope this helps.

miguel
10-03-2006, 10:54 PM
The HFC USR 11 hop up chamber is a replica of the Tokyo Marui version. Like the TM hop up chamber there is no little nub that goes between the hop up arm and the bucking. This is defferent from AEG Hop Up chambers. There is instead a prong that sticks out from the adjustable arm. I wasn't pleased with the function of my USR 11 hop up so I bought an aftermarket Gspec hop up chamber. Im not sure if the USR 11 hop up isn't any good or if the bucking just wears out really fast. The Gspec hop is different in that the spot where the arm meets the bucking is shaped so that it takes the shape of the BB better. You might also want to check and make sure your cylinder is getting a perfect seal. I f there is any air leak then you will lose fps and distance.