PDA

View Full Version : Accessorie Recomindations for M15A4 Rifle

All American
10-01-2006, 01:32 AM
I Have a CA M15A4 Rifle, and was wonderin what things i should put on it. All i have right now is a NC Star Under rail on it. Hopeing for some help PLS...

Dark Paladin
10-01-2006, 02:32 AM
Please review rule #18 regarding spelling and grammar.

In regards to recommendations for accessories. . . that's a very broad question. It would be helpful if you narrowed it down to what you are hoping to achieve other than just slapping things on just for the sake of it.

shakman
10-01-2006, 09:10 AM
Accessorizing your AEG is purely personal preference. If there's something "out there" that you'd like to put on your gun, then buy it and put it on. It's just that simple.

Now if you would like some guidance as to what brand of a particular accessory would be a better purchase than another brand, we can help there. But we need to know exactly what you're looking at before we can give any guidance.

Ronin
10-01-2006, 10:02 AM
I think that the best "first" upgrade anyone can do for their rifle is a tightbore barrel, for a couple of reasons. They are not horribly expensive. They are pretty simple to put in, and give fairly immediate, reliable results. You'll get a tiny FPS boost, as well as much tighter groupings. Next, I would get a hi-discharge, hi-capacity battery. The battery I use gives me an impressive ROF without having to go crazy inside the mechbox, as well as being big enough to last me through the whole day.

Jono
10-01-2006, 10:47 AM
I Have a CA M15A4 Rifle, and was wonderin what things i should put on it. All i have right now is a NC Star Under rail on it. Hopeing for some help PLS...

This is a great question and seems to plague many new players. Since you have a clean slate, so to speak, I would recommend a big flash light and a drum mag. Not only will you look "cool", but you will dominate the field.

God speed.

All American
10-01-2006, 12:02 PM
Well Thanks Guys, for dark paladin im looking into just a virtical grip, and a ELECTRO Holographic MULTI Reticle Red Dot Sight frome ehobby Asia. Ronin thanks for the idea ill look into it. The Jono what would you need a flash light for, and im also lookin into the drum mag thx for the advice guys.

Ronin
10-01-2006, 12:56 PM
I'm pretty sure Jono was being sarcastic about the flashlight and drum mag.

All American
10-01-2006, 06:22 PM
Well I sorta agree with the drum mag, that why im lookin into a CA one now.

Dirus
10-01-2006, 08:09 PM
I prefer normal hicaps over drums, as drums are harder to carry on you when in a mags-out area. Plus they aren't all that pretty. For the price of a drum, you could get 3-4 hicaps, with close to the same capacity, plus the excitement of getting to swap mags out during a game.

HammerHead
10-01-2006, 09:16 PM
1. A reminder, please review and adhere to rule #18.

2. The accessories you apply to your AEG are, for the most part, a personal matter. If you've already decided that you would like to add a vertical grip and optics of some sort, what further input do you require from the community? Would you like advice on brands or styles? It would be far more beneficial to you and other newcomers to post clear and meaningful inquiries that can be applied outside the scope of your interests.

3. Use the forum's search utility. You will find that it yields quite an array of helpful and insightful information. To say nothing of what you may find in the site reviews and product database.

All American
10-01-2006, 10:06 PM
IM just wanting some opinions of other people, and what is rule #18 thing. And I have serched the other fourms search utility but thanks for asking.

HammerHead
10-01-2006, 11:56 PM
18. When posting, use proper English.
Proper use of English, grammar, and spelling is what makes this forum easy to read and use. Do not abbreviate words, such as using "2" instead of "to". Unless used in a joking manner, do not use "kewl", "l33t", or any other "h4X0r" slang as serious post content as it is difficult for users to read. Proper English is efficient as-is and is important in trying to convey your accurate intent. We promote the basic use of the English language and expect the same of users. This includes things as simple as remembering to use a capital letter when starting sentences.
You may revisit the rules by accessing the following URL:
http://www.lonestarairsoft.com/forums/rules.php
OR, you may use the "RULES" link provided at the left most side of the forum toolbar, above.

...IM just wanting some opinions of other people, and what is rule #18 thing...
Once again, your questions are not clear, nor constructive. To pursue the opinions of others, the following examples tend to yield more informative results:

1. I would like to purchase holographic optics for my replica. I've spent some time researching the new HurricanE EOTech replica. To date, I've found only a cursory review on Airsoft Retreat, which does not provide long term impressions. Has anyone here, on LSA, had more experience with the device? If so, what are you thoughts on it, after using it for several months.

2. I would like to install a vertical grip on the forearm of my AEG. I've done some research into the following models [cite a list of models here] and narrowed my choice down to the following two: [cite the two forerunners here]. I've found a bit of information on Model A, but barely any on Model B. I've searched the forums and found no details or in depth reviews of this model on the site. Has anyone had any experience with this model? If so, what are your thoughts on it?

...And I have serched the other fourms search utility...[/qoute]

Either you have not clearly stated your intent, specifically that you did use the LSA site search, or you have confused this site with another. Frankly, I doubt that you have put much effort into conducting a site search - simply searching for "holographic sight", "aimpoint" and "red-dot" all yielded quite a few results in the forum.

Within the product/reviews database (http://www.lonestarairsoft.com/forums/reviewpost/index.php), accessible under the "Content" menu item, there are:

1. 43 items and 6 reviews of grips and stocks

2. 85 items and 6 reviews of red dot sights, which appear within their own category under optics.

[quote=All American]
...but thanks for asking...

I wasn't asking you to do anything. I made a few suggestions, none of which shall be considered negotiable when cited by forum administrators or moderators.

You'll find your airsoft experience far more fruitful and rewarding if you put some effort into what you're doing. Relying upon other users for your needs will be far from beneficial and far less enjoyable.

This thread has run its course. Locked.