PDA

View Full Version : SR-25 Assault Rifle?

JediKnight
09-26-2006, 09:53 AM
Just wondering if anyone had ever used or at least considered using G&P's/G&G's SR-25 as an assault rifle. Certainly, it's not quite as adaptable for CQB situations, but it doesn't seem as awkwardly long as most Snipers. AND (to my knowledge) it's an AEG w/ auto and semi-auto and a 400-something-round mag... Seems like it could do some serious damage. Just wonderin'. Later!

-Chad

Village
09-26-2006, 10:15 AM
Hi Chad,

Please search the forums for "SR25" and there you will find dozens of threads covering the SR-25 and similar semi-auto sniper rifles. In fact, this was just discussed in a thread Dirus started a couple months ago.

Regards,
-Vil

Ronin
09-26-2006, 10:26 AM
A guy here in Houston has one, and he is having severe problems with it. Seems to be run of the mill for G&G lately. Works great when it does work, but keeping them working seems to be a chore. Now this is just what I hear, I've never owned one myself, so take it with a grain of salt. If it is the look of the SR25 you like(and it is pretty sweet looking), might I suggest maybe a CA M-15 with a sr-15 kit? I have that set up, and have not had a problem yet.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e307/ronin_the_great/Gear/P5080010.jpg

AustinWolv
09-26-2006, 10:33 AM
Chad, they are pretty long rifles, so be aware of that.

G&G externals and build construction is very nice. Internals leave a lot to be desired based on past experience with them, as well as research shows also.

Note that any assault rifle shooting full-auto is constrained to 400fps/.2g muzzle energy per TASO rules if you plan on skirmishing in Texas.

Also, do some research before falling into the "gotta have hi-caps" camp. Cost-effective they are, but don't think they are the end-all of options out there, and there are pros/cons of gameplay with them.

Since you are looking at your first AEG, stay simple and pick something reliable. No use spending a ton of money on something you cannot personally fix and could be just a great-looking paperweight, as well as not allow you to skirmish during the downtime.

Also, how is it you are jumping from G18C GBBs and worrying about the cost of A&K M4S knockoff to $400-600 AEGs in the course of one day?

JediKnight
09-26-2006, 11:31 AM
Ha ha ha, no don't worry, I'm definately not planning on buying one! I was just wondering how it would work cause I've been looking at a LOT of guns lately... basically, it's just for the looks like Ronin said. CA's M15A4 CQB looks really sweet too.

-Chad

AustinWolv
09-26-2006, 11:47 AM
All AEGs perform basically the same out of the box. It is the build construction and design strengths/weaknesses that differentiates them. :)

Once you tailor them to what you want them to do in terms of upgrades, accessories, and power source.....well, that is where they act differently from gun to gun and person to person.

Dirus
09-26-2006, 12:02 PM
The external build quality of the G&G GR-25 is amazing. Though, like AW said, internals need a few more parts to get firing decently. As far as I saw, it is not possible to get the GR-25 to fire full-auto without a different trigger assembly and selector plate, as the only function of the selector is to engage safety (I might be wrong). That said, a semi-auto is at a disadvantage against other AEGs unless it has higher range and accuracy, which equates to dumping lots of money into it (not advised for first AEG).

There are some new cheap Chinese models coming out, you could always be a test subject and test one of those. :)