PDA

View Full Version : Prescription shooting glasses.

necroticism
08-20-2006, 09:52 PM
I wear glasses, which, in a game that requires full eye protection, is a big hassle. I have to wear my old shitty pair under my goggles which are kinda scratched up and aggravate the living hell out of me due to them being kind of uncomfortable to wear under my goggles. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about prescription lenses for paintball type masks or prescription lens availability for shooting glasses or anything of that sort?

Dark Paladin
08-20-2006, 10:04 PM
ESS Goggles provide a internal "mount" for prescription lenses inside their goggles. I have seen it in use once, and I have been seriously considering it for myself since I wear glasses too while playing. However, the setup is rather propreitary, and hence a little more expensive if you let ESS fulfill the prescription.

http://www.essgoggles.com/Striker-Series-Rx-Insert_23_detail.html

Village
08-20-2006, 10:09 PM
What brand goggles do you wear? If you have ESS Profiles you might consider this Rx lens insert:
http://www.essgoggles.com/Profile---ICE-Rx-Lens-Inserts_12_detail.html.

If you're interested in getting a pair of ESS Profiles, I'd suggest you contact Marimba. He has the hookup on a few used sets of Profile NVGs. I'd then highly suggest getting a tinted thermal lens for the Profiles to cut down on fogging. Who knows, JT may offer a similar Rx insert for their Spectras. I'm not familiar with eyeglasses so you'd have to search around.

EDIT: DP you beat me to it by a few seconds!

necroticism
08-20-2006, 10:17 PM
I wear Scott paintball goggles, not entirely sure of the model. I may just dump them off though in favor of the ESS goggles you've reccomended me. Those inserts look pretty promising as well, if I pick them up I'll have the optometrist work on some lenses for me next time I go in to get new glasses.

Dragon
08-21-2006, 10:27 PM
Try contacts, that's the route I'll go once I get around to going to the eye doc.

necroticism
08-21-2006, 10:30 PM
Already have. They are way too uncomfortable for me to use.

SABOT
08-23-2006, 09:51 PM
I have a pair of Body Specs BS2 Body Specs (www.bodyspecs.com/sub.cfm?pageid=158/). I bought them online, then took them to a local eyeglasses shop. They put Z87 compliant lenses in them for about $80. I love em, very comfortable and very little fogging problems. I can keep them on for an all day game.
You can put perscription lenses in the Wiley-X SG-1 also. The ESS Advancer looks like they might accept perscription lenses to. It would be best to contact them if you're interested.