PDA

View Full Version : Sniper Rifle? Should I try it?

Fatdog
06-30-2006, 06:11 PM
I've been thinking about trying out being a sniper role, and was wondering, if I try it, should I get the CA M24 rifle
or the TM VSR-10 rifle? Or should I just throw the idea away completely?

Dark Paladin
06-30-2006, 06:39 PM
I'd say attend a few more skirmishes to get a feel of things before venturing out to explore different roles. If nothing else, you could probably ask around to see if anyone will loan you a sniper rifle for you to try using sniper rules. Remember, snipers operate at a slightly more restrictive ruleset in terms of engagement distances. It is far too easy for you to miss the distance limit and shoot at someone at too close of a range.

Fatdog
06-30-2006, 08:24 PM
So I should talk to some of the guys to get a little more experience before I try new stuff?

Dark Paladin
06-30-2006, 10:35 PM
Absolutely. That way you will save yourself from spending money in case you find out that the sniper role isn't what you want to do.

AustinWolv
07-01-2006, 08:18 AM
Every new player wants to be a sniper. Few ever get very far with it and fewer stick with it. Even fewer actually play the role as a sniper, instead just being a player carrying a sniper rifle.
Pay attention to DP's advice, and even consider politely borrowing a sniper rifle from a fellow player to see if you like it.

Snake-eyes
07-24-2006, 04:05 PM
Been there done that, I feel sniping is overglorified in the sport of airsoft, gimme an AEG and let me run around

AustinWolv
07-24-2006, 04:08 PM
"Gimme" is not a word. Please reference site rule #18. Otherwise, welcome to the site.

Snake-eyes
07-24-2006, 04:46 PM
Thank you ever so much "Austin Wolf" for directing little old Newbie me to the rules and regulations. Surley next time I'll surley try to fallow all of the rules, "Surley"!!

Bear
07-24-2006, 05:11 PM
I'm pretty sure it's "AustinWolv" not "Austin Wolf".

Also, it's spelled "surely", not "surley". Though for some odd reason I have a feeling you already knew that.

The rules and regulations are there for a reason and are enforced by forum administrators and moderators. If you cannot or will not comply by these rules, feel free to post elsewhere.

Consider this a friendly warning.

AustinWolv
07-24-2006, 05:33 PM
I'm not as friendly as Bear. Enjoy your brief suspension.