PDA

View Full Version : I wonder if anyone would be interested?

Lancer525
06-18-2006, 06:21 PM
I don't know if this is the best place to put this post, but I couldn't find any other forum that seemed appropriate. Moddies, if you feel the need to move it, by all means go ahead. Anyone else, please don't flame me!! <grin>

===================

On another forum I was reading where some people were interested in maybe getting Ranger-style tabs that said "AIRSOFT" instead of "RANGER" for their gear.

This got me to thinking about the idea, and since I have some contacts in the embroidery industry, I wanted to find out how many people here would go for something like that if it were available? How about your whole team?

I came up with a bunch of color combinations but I don't think that some of them would be popular, so I thought I'd post it here to see if there was any interest. If I do get these things made, they'd go for $3 to $5 including postage.

I think I have the attachment put in correctly.

List your three choices, and I may well go into production of these for the community if anyone's interested. I know I am going to get some made for my kit...

glitch
06-18-2006, 09:12 PM
I think that would be a pretty cool idea. In Sacramento, Baker Company always got mistaken for paintballers. This would be a great way to make a distinction between the two sports.

AustinWolv
06-18-2006, 09:39 PM
Sure, some airsoft players probably would like those, and that is especially better than people fronting Ranger tabs who haven't earned them.

Moved to Tactical Gear forum.

Lancer525
06-18-2006, 09:41 PM
So which ones would you guys like to see?

I appreciate that you took the time to reply, but I sure would like to know which ones you think are the most appropriate ones to have made.

What are your choices?

AustinWolv
06-18-2006, 09:45 PM
Well, technically, I'm not personally interested, so didn't want to sway the path towards colors that others may not like.

However, since you asked in order:
OD subdued
desert
woodland
Ranger

(Not a big fan of bright colors in the field)

glitch
06-18-2006, 10:15 PM
I agree with Wolv, I prefer the OD Subdued over the rest and the Desert then Ranger to round out my top three.

Dirus
06-19-2006, 09:53 AM
I would probably nab a few after summer, maybe a pair of OD and Desert. I like this idea of Airsoft tags.

miguel
06-19-2006, 11:02 AM
If any of the woodland, desert or OD colors were available I would probably get a couple.

Paladin
06-19-2006, 11:26 AM
I'd take a few in OD & Khaki,

Arsenic
06-19-2006, 12:20 PM
My favorite 3...

OD subdued
Desert
Ranger

If you went through Camotech they would be pretty cheap, and they deliver pretty quick.

Village
06-19-2006, 12:37 PM
I'm not personally interested, but I can definitely see a market for this. I'll echo Arsenic's picks and order. The Ranger scheme would look good on a dedicated airsoft toolkit bag, but I wouldn't wear it in the field.

Frostyrice
06-19-2006, 01:44 PM
I like the idea, and i bet it'll sell. Not well, but it'll sell, IMO
I play a lot of urban, and the urban tab appeals to me.

Dark Paladin
06-19-2006, 02:11 PM
Three other color schemes I would like to nominate for consideration:

ACU
Woodland Digital (marpat preferably)
Desert Digital (marpat preferably)

Lancer525
06-19-2006, 02:50 PM
Three other color schemes I would like to nominate for consideration:

ACU
Woodland Digital (marpat preferably)
Desert Digital (marpat preferably)

Well, I thought about these, and I took them into consideration.

The colors used in the Marpat schemes are the same as they would be for the Woodland and Desert tabs, and the Urban is pretty close to that horrible grey they have in the ACU.

I think you mean that you want them with those designs in the background, and if that were to happen the prices would go way up. Which is why I chose the colors carefully, and came up with the configurations I posted.

What with all the replies I've had from here, and from the other board where I have this posted, as well as all of the emails I have, I'm pretty sure there's a market for this. So, I am now going to get some quotes from my contacts.

I'll keep everyone posted, but PLEASE keep those votes coming in.

Dark Paladin
06-19-2006, 03:03 PM
Well, I thought about these, and I took them into consideration.

The colors used in the Marpat schemes are the same as they would be for the Woodland and Desert tabs, and the Urban is pretty close to that horrible grey they have in the ACU.

I think you mean that you want them with those designs in the background, and if that were to happen the prices would go way up. Which is why I chose the colors carefully, and came up with the configurations I posted.

What with all the replies I've had from here, and from the other board where I have this posted, as well as all of the emails I have, I'm pretty sure there's a market for this. So, I am now going to get some quotes from my contacts.

I'll keep everyone posted, but PLEASE keep those votes coming in.

Yes, marpat designs in the background. Which actually doesn't affect the prices any. At least not the patches I ordered from Camotech 6 months ago.

Another thing to consider. I highly desire velcro/hook&loop to be included on any future patches I purchase.

Lancer525
06-19-2006, 03:20 PM
Yes, marpat designs in the background. Which actually doesn't affect the prices any. At least not the patches I ordered from Camotech 6 months ago.

Another thing to consider. I highly desire velcro/hook&loop to be included on any future patches I purchase.

My suppliers would need a source of the MARPAT material on which to do this, so I don't think you would be happy with the ones I have. You'd be better off getting them from Camotech. They'd be much more expensive, but what the heck. I guess I don't need to contact any of my sources for quotes now...

And as for the velcro, couldn't you just sew velcro on the backs of your patches? I've done that with all of the ones I have, so I can keep them on a display board more easily.

Thanks anyway...

Dark Paladin
06-19-2006, 03:26 PM
And as for the velcro, couldn't you just sew velcro on the backs of your patches? I've done that with all of the ones I have, so I can keep them on a display board more easily.

I could. But it is also less time consuming for me if the patches arrive with the panels already sewn on (not glued on). Like I said, I am just bringing out some details for you to consider if you are seriously committed to marketing this.

Lancer525
06-19-2006, 03:34 PM
Like I said, I am just bringing out some details for you to consider if you are seriously committed to marketing this.

You're absolutely dead-on balls correct.

And it is certainly something that will be taking place in the future, I can guarantee that.

At least, I can guarantee it as long as the other designs sell well. I know what the Military has changed to for uniforms, and it won't be long before the Woodland BDU has the same kind of nostalgic value as Jungle Fatigues.

Digital is the wave of the future, but I have to get started with what most people have, and that is Woodland and Desert.

And I haven't forgotten our buds who play indoors either. That's why I put some of the colored versions in the mix. I have already had one email from a group of guys in the
northeast who play exclusively indoors who wanted to know how much 30 of the Blaze
and SWAT versions would cost them! The way they explained it to me, they don't really care about camouflage, since they only play indoors and all of them have black, navy blue or grey BDUs. Some of them go for colorful patches. Go figure. .

Fatdog
06-19-2006, 06:09 PM
I like OD & woodland, since I mostly skirmish in the woods. The urban's not too bad either.

Lancer525
06-30-2006, 08:58 PM
Just wanted to make an announcement that the Tabs will be available for purchase sometime near the middle of July. I will post a link when I have them in stock.

Thanks for your input everyone!

Lancer525
07-26-2006, 09:53 PM
Thanks for being so patient, and also thank you to those of you who eMailed me asking about the Airsoft Tabs we've been discussing in this thread.

They have arrived from the manufacturer, and they look pretty good!

If you want to order any of them, you can go HERE (http://mywebpages.comcast.net/3692106/airsoft.htm), see what they look like, and place your order.

Thanks

!:usa:
(http://mywebpages.comcast.net/3692106/airsoft.htm)