PDA

View Full Version : Getting Rid Of Orange Tip!?!?

Dr.GlocK
06-13-2006, 11:03 PM
Hey everyone,

I just got a glock 18c gbb. I can't stand the annoying toyish looking orange tip on it. I thought there would be a replacement tip in the box, but there wasn't. The pistol is a KWA Glock 18c. If there is a way to get rid of the orange tip, replys would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
DG

AustinWolv
06-13-2006, 11:09 PM
The tip? They more than likely painted the slide, which is a common practice and per the law, and replacement slides are not shipped with GBBs. Non-orange "tips" (flashhiders) are shipped with AEGs.

There are ways to get rid of the orange paint, which is more easily done with metal slides than plastic ones. With metal slides, simply use rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover (acetone) which works most of the time. Works with plastic as well at the risk of leaving a different sheen to the plastic as those actually react with the plastic. With plastic, sometimes you can chip away at the paint with a wooden dowel or just end up painting it black.

Welcome to the site. You'll note that your topic has been broached before on this site as I recall it, as well as many times across the Internet. Some searching would yield you results also that may prove helpful.

Dr.GlocK
06-14-2006, 12:33 PM
Thanks for your help.

P.S. This is probably one of the greatest airsoft forum/gallery websites I have come across.