PDA

View Full Version : Garmin GPS

AustinWolv
05-22-2006, 07:40 PM
This post is merely to give credit and positive feedback regarding Garmin International (the GPS company). Had a Foretrex 101 that started going goofy on me a while back. I thought it was poor batteries I was using, so I switched them out. The problems it was having were intermittant and hard to duplicate, as the problems were of varying nature dealing with buttons not responding, to working perfectly, to turning itself off randomly.....all of this with fresh batteries. The unit was sent into Garmin in which it appears they had a hard time duplicating the issues consistently also. Today they returned a package to me with a totally different unit. Likely refurbished, but basically a new unit that functions perfectly as far as I can tell.

Nice to see a company support their products and customers like that, which is tough on the bottom line, but definitely turns people into repeat buyers and good free marketing. ;)

spade
05-22-2006, 08:03 PM
Always good to hear positive feedback on a company supporting their product. Had the same experience with Kershaw and a $129.00 Steven Segal signature knife, replaced it without question once they received it. I've been wanting a Garman handheld unit for the fields that I skirmish on, think I will definitely look into a Garmin - thanks Wolv.