PDA

View Full Version : Vsr-10

nader3890
05-09-2006, 10:39 PM
Im going to buy either a Vsr-10 or a HFC Usr-11 from airsoft atlanta. The place were i play is huge(for an airsoft feild) and i really need it to shoot far. So i was wondering if i got the 170 SP spring and all the other upgrades if it would shoot about 550-600 fps with .2 gram or higher? Does anyone know if airsoft atlanta does these upgrades? And finally is there any spring that shoots faster then the170sp spring?

Thanks Nate

AustinWolv
05-09-2006, 11:25 PM
Minnesota? You may want to consult with other local players in your area to help determine allowable sniper rifle limits. Otherwise, you may be limiting yourself to not being permitted to use it at other fields. http://www.mnairsoft.org/newsafety.php

Regardless, there *should* be some upgrade info on the VSR series if you search the forums here.

LaPHtA
05-10-2006, 06:57 AM
The VSR series is VERY easy to upgrade. The VSR-10 will call for a pin being drilled out in the cylinder to access the piston and spring/spring guide. The VSR G-Spec doesn't have this pin so is even more easy to upgrade.

Surf DenTrinity and WGC for upgrade options.

Pushing a spring that hard, you will want to upgrade the piston, piston head, spring guide, and likely all your sears to help hold that beast when you draw it back.

BigLucky
05-10-2006, 08:43 AM
And start lifting weights.

LaPHtA
05-10-2006, 09:02 AM
Indeed! The VSR series is VERY light. BUT to draw back a spring that big in it...you may flip it right out of your grip like oh so many thigh masters!

nader3890
05-10-2006, 09:19 PM
I am planing to upgrade a lot of the gun so if i get the following will i even need to drill any pins out?(it seems like all these parts replace the stock ones)

-Laylax VSR-10 170SP Spring upgrade
-Laylax VSR-10 6.03mm x 555mm Inner Barrel (tightbore)
-Laylax VSR-10 Barrel Spacers
-Laylax VSR-10 Cylinder Head
-Laylax VSR-10 High Pressure Piston s/silent shaft
-Laylax VSR-10 Teflon Cylinder
-Laylax VSR-10 Spring Guide w/bearing
-Laylax VSR-10 First Sear
-Laylax VSR-10 Zero Trigger w/ Piston

Will i need to get the Deep Fire Reinforced Sear Assembly with all these upgrades?

Est. price for all the parts is $564.00

I didn't think it was going to be that much money, so i was wondering what I really need and don't need to get in the 550 to 600 fps range?

Thanks, Nate

nader3890
05-10-2006, 09:23 PM
O. and i've been weight lifting for over 4 years now so i think that it wont be that hard to draw it back.

Dark Paladin
05-10-2006, 09:46 PM
I didn't think it was going to be that much money, so i was wondering what I really need and don't need to get in the 550 to 600 fps range?

Umm. . . what state did you say you were playing in? Did you check to see if the energy rating you are trying to reach is acceptable? Before you spend that much money, it may be worth your while to confirm that first.

Assuming you are playing in Minnesota, did you check to see if the field as well as the players you intend to partake the activity in abide by the MN Airsoft Association rules? As far as I can tell MN airsofters have not created a rule for sniper rifles, and have a blanket 400fps limit for ALL guns.

miguel
05-10-2006, 09:48 PM
The teflon cylinder will make the bolt pull somewhat easier. I have also seen the 190 spring at a couple places but I would have to assume the bolt pull would be unrealistic. I have a 150 in mine and would have to say that its a hefty pull for most people, although with practice its no problem.

LaPHtA
05-10-2006, 10:01 PM
yes, as long as you get a VSR-10, and not a G-Spec, you will have to drill the pin to remove the cylinder head.

http://www.858airsoft.com/reviews/revpic/vsr10pics/DSCF0031.jpg

http://www.airsoftplayers.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4376&#35467

UNLESS you buy the entire drop in replacement cylinder, or you buy a G-Spec...you will have to drill. Google it.

nader3890
05-16-2006, 08:58 PM
Ok I think I've got it now. I'm going to get the following for the Vsr-10(correct me if im wrrong, please):

Power Upgrades
1. Laylax Zero Trigger with Piston $175
2. Laylax Teflon Cylinder $110
3. Laylax Spring Guide with bearing $31
4. Laylax Cylinder Head $27
5. Laylax 190SP Spring Upgrade $20
I think thats all I need, right?

Accuracy Upgrades
6. Laylax 6.03x555mm Tightbore Bull Barrel $60
7. Laylax or PDI Flute Outer Barrel L 554mm $125
8. Silencer adapter and Silencer $??
I haven't researched accuracy stuff that much so if you have any suggestions to improve my accuracy please tell me. Do i need barrel spacers? Hop up Chamber? or anything else?

I will be gitting a TM or Harrison Bipod, a nice scope, and a sling. I haven't disided if im going to paint it woodland camo yet but im getting a woodland Ghille rifle wrap for it so i don't know if it would be necessary

miguel
05-17-2006, 10:03 PM
Barrel spacers would be recomended a 190 spring will be almost impossible to pull out on the feild and remember the gun does not make the player, be sure this is what you want before throwing your money into the wind.

spazzytroy
05-18-2006, 03:19 AM
The m190 and a barrel that long may make the gun a little hot so you may have to clip a few coils. Other than that, you're looking at a well modified G-spec.